Off-Topic Forum

Forum >> Off Topic >> AI Art   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Anyone use some some of the AI art programs / sites. I think a lot of them use Midjourney / Stable Diffusion.

Anyway, I was wondering if we could spruce up the player art using some of these site.

Steve
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Beyond just fiddling with them to see how the work, I haven't really done much with any of those. How many individual images does the game currently use, Steve?

Updated Wednesday, September 6 2023 @ 9:13:40 am PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Not many. There is a batter, pitcher and coach and color overlays. And then a few backgrounds.

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I've used Midjourney some. I found it very difficult the direct the AI. It can make a pretty picture, but often not what you want. AI art is best used as a "surprise me" type thing right now. Might be able to do the job, but it may be a lot more difficult than you would expect.

Just make sure to use an "in the style of" prompt so that you can get stuff that looks similar at least.

In particular, getting images setup to use color overlays could be very challenging. You would probably need to do a good amount of by-hand modifications after the fact.

Also, beware of AI tendency to give people 6 or 4 or even 3 fingers per hand. Often limbs go missing in general.

Updated Saturday, October 7 2023 @ 7:58:25 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |