FAQ

Forum >> FAQ >> Home run distance   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Looking for confirmation on whether home run distance in game dialogue is related to stadium outfield size/wall height or it is for fun

Couldn't find any posts even thoughI thought there was

Thanks for the assist
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
bump
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I often look when a home run distance seems peculiar, and in each case it has been consistent with the stadium.
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/game/2192527

This is probably one of the best examples
In 6th inning Beaumont hits a HR to center of 371 feet but fence is at 400 feet could it have been more to left center, or right center?
Always thought is was more just for fun
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd never seen that before. I changed to colorful dialog today. Is the home run distance the only difference? I didn't see anything else that was out of the ordinary.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
It's definitely for fun, but I still suspect it is consistent with the ballparks.

I imagine "center field" is from the middle fence measurement on either side. In which case, this is fine. As you suggest, center doesn't necessarily mean dead center.

Birmingham in my league has a huge park. I've watched those HR distances carefully, and don't recall one less than 400 feet.

@ MukilteoMike - HR distances are the only difference I've noticed on colourful. Could be there is more to come. :)
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I'd never seen that before. I changed to colorful dialog today. Is the home run distance the only difference? I didn't see anything else that was out of the ordinary.

At one point, people are jazzed about contributing to more colorful dialogue for the play-by-play, so I'm instituted dialogue selection. But the effort never materialize, so home run distance that I implemented was really the only current enhancement.

Steve
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I was one of those jazzed about more colourful commentary. :) And I have thoroughly enjoyed the HR distance addition.

Are you looking for some brain-storming about what else might go into colourful?

Previous Page | Show All |