Help

Forum >> Help >> Training question   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Again, you are not accepting my extremely simple equation. Yours included penalties; I'm suggesting there are none. Using numbers similar to your last posts:

Primary focus=108
Secondary focus=104
All others=100

If a primary or secondary focus isn't used, all skills get 100.

I have no idea what would happen if a skill was both the primary and secondary focus. I never make them the same to ensure I don't lose any potential free gain.

On the other hand, if all training added together is the same no matter what, then selecting a focus or two will result in penalizing the other skills. I select them in case there is no penalty. My guess is the focus makes such a small difference that it probably doesn't matter much. I've gone with the same focus for entire seasons and never saw any noticeable difference.

Updated Tuesday, August 23 2016 @ 11:35:58 pm PDT
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Rock, if by "losing" you mean transferring between batters and pitchers, then yes, in that case we can say that you can "lose" training. But the total training received for whole team remains the same in the system that I think exists. One last try of illustrating, for simplicity let's say both batters and pitchers have 5 trainable skills:

No focus:
Batters get 100 units of training (98 standard + 2 from bonus pool).
Pitchers get 100 units of training (98 standard + 2 from bonus pool).
Total training units is 1000.

Primary focus on power, secondary on stamina:
Batters get 111 units on power (98 standard and 13 from pool) and 98 units on other skills.
Pitchers get 105 units on stamina (98 standard and 7 from pool) and 98 units on other skills.

Primary focus on power, secondary on hitting:
Batters get 111 units on power (98 standard and 13 from pool), 105 units on hitting (98 standard and 7 from pool) and 98 units on other skills.
Pitchers get 98 units on all skills (only standard).
dmcc1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Is it not easier to say for example

Training points 100. Bonus points 10.

Without focus all 10 skills get 10 pts plus 1 bonus point each so all are 11.
With focus the primary goes to eg 17 and the secondary eg 13 and all others stay at 10.

Both have 110 total points.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This is exactly what I've been writing the whole time, like in my 1st post:
"There is a certain bonus training pool, if you choose no focus, points from the pool are spread evenly to all skills, if you choose a focus, the pool goes only to selected skills."

Then I think Rock misunderstood what I was trying to say which is why several posts followed.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Your still not getting it.

So if I use your example, I essentially gain training points by training in defense since that is a skill shared by all players, while I lose training points training any other skill since they are not shared between pitchers and hitters.

This is exactly why I am raising this topic. The fact that you think nothing is lost in your algorithm shows why there is need for clarification.

My point is exactly that if you lose 1 point (go from 11 to 10), then you have lost training for that player.
dmcc1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
But I look on it as all skills have a basic 10 training points and then I choose where to allocate my 10 bonus points. No skill "loses" any by my having a training focus, the ones I don't focus on just don't gain any.

Its just different ways of looking at the same thing. Is the glass half empty or half full? Either way its still half a glass.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
So we would have an advantage training in fielding since that is a shared skill, we would essentially get double the training effect out of that skill?

It is a very different way of looking at... If what you are saying is true, someone could easily undertrain their pitchers over a period of time by using hitting focuses. Overall it would mean that focus was a dangerous tool, and only really worth using for fielding training.
afreespirit

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's an old forum thread, see here
You can choose to train one primary and one secondary skill for your team each week. Those selected skills get a slight bonus over the other skills, but all skills will get a significant amount of training each training update (which currently occurs each Sunday at 2:00 am PST).

If you select no focus, then that bonus will simply be distributed over all skills.

So why would you want to focus on specific skills? Perhaps you feel your team is poor defensively and you need to improve defense ASAP. Perhaps you don’t have enough starting pitching so you need to increase pitchers stamina to develop starters fasters. Or perhaps you think that one particular offense skill (speed, power etc.) is more critical to offensive production than the others.

Hope this helps,

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I've seen that thread, that is why I was asking this question. For clarification on how that was actually accomplished. The general consensus seems to be that if you use a focus, then half your players will lose training. That was not my interpretation of Steve's messages on the forum.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I guess I'm a bit confused as to what the question is...

Steve

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page