Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2027 Draft #4   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Carcharoth

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@quanin Not really, I think it's more the fact that 1B is the only infield position that does not penalize a LH fielder. If you have a LH who has low range and/or arm, where else can you put him? He probably wouldn't be suitable for the OF. I also generally prefer not to have high fielding in my OF to save as many points as possible for hitting stats. This is certainly not always possible, but it does make LHB more difficult to fit into defensive positions.

Updated Friday, May 6 2016 @ 7:18:30 am PDT
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Ah. I was mostly asking because I've been steering people away from 1B partly based on the fact they're right-handed, which I got the impression was a bit of a disadvantage (I think it's in the manual?). Also helps that the people I've been steering are also built to fill other holes, but still. If it's not a huge issue then I'll not worry so much about specificly looking for a 1B as I'll have a few people who can at least fill in until I find one.
Carcharoth

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Totally fair. I'd say it's likely a bigger disadvantage to have a lefty at the other infield positions than advantage to have them at 1B (hopefully that made some sense). 1B is such a defense-light position that it seems you can get away with a lot there.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Alex Tyree is someone whom I am very lukewarm about. I took him over 2 other "very good"s due to his hitting abilities, but he could project to being an okay OF with a big bat. Just getting someone with a "very good" scouting report, only for them to be a 12 pot is just a bit disappointing.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Left handed high school Pitcher 12POT.
gonna hold him see how he grows
Raze

Azusa Toyo Carp
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Drafted 14P pitcher Miguel Vargas
Shyfire

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I got this guy http://brokenbat.org/player/130986

As one of the only good potentials that I got, and his 16 years of age I couldn't pass him up. I ended up getting raw but appealing 13 pot. Still pondering where to play him but I'll figure it out
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
@Shyfire: without looking at the rest of your roster, to me he's an okay 2B or SS if you need one. Could be a useful backup if nothing else.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Round 1 -> POT 12
Round 2 -> POT 12
Round 3 -> POT 11
Round 4 -> POT 10 (above avg was the best rated)
TOTONOAM

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/130924

Excellent classic OF.
low fielding+ excellent range and arm.
He will be a very good player.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page