Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> All-Scandinavian Team???   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Team Scandinavia

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hello everyone!

I will state now that I already have a team on broken bat, but I will not disclose which team. All I will say is that I am active on the forums. (No, I am not Team Italy.)

Now, I'm wondering if there is already a team dedicated to promoting Scandinavian players and improving their world classic teams. Note, that when I say Scandinavia, this includes Sweden, Norway, The Netherlands, Germany, and Poland even though technically not all of these are Scandinavian countries. Since broken bat does not yet have Iceland, Denmark, or Finland I figured I would pick up Netherlands, Germany and Poland.

Also, I intend to drop all non-Scandinavian players from my roster ASAP. Yes, I know that is frowned upon, but I purposely chose a VI team that does not have (too) much talent. But, in the future, there will be 5 or 6 good players on the waiver wire. Let me know if this would just be an epic travesty of the game and if it would ruin your experience of the game. If there is a widespread uproar, I'll keep the best of the crop and only release the others.

Edit: If anyone has even halfway decent Scandinavian talent that you won't need in the future, I could really use those players. Right now the team is shaping up to be pretty sorry.

Updated Sunday, July 3 2016 @ 4:59:51 pm PDT

Updated Sunday, July 3 2016 @ 5:07:12 pm PDT
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
So we have team Italy, team Asia, now team Scandinavia... I wonder if I should start a team USSR sometime soon... oh wait.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm curious about the choice of starting team. I only see 1 Scandanavian player (and he's Netherlands ...) on your full roster. Was that the highest Scandanavian content that could be found?
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think this would be cool
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd ask Steve's opinion before you drop anyone. He made a specially exception for Team Italy. And Team Italy was being run by a consortium, not one guy that decided to claim it.

At the very least don't drop Hobbs or PadrĂ³n until you hear back from Steve. In general I do not like this idea.

Updated Sunday, July 3 2016 @ 6:35:13 pm PDT
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm okay with it if it's for the long haul
Team Scandinavia

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Seca

Do you think I could look around and request a different team with a larger Scandinavian base? I have not done anything remotely damaging to the team, in fact I've probably helped them. The only reason I grabbed this team was because it was in the same division as team Italy, which I thought would be interesting.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page