Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Draft #2 2029   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Team Scandinavia

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Today was the most painful day in my broken bat career. I won't specify how long I have been playing to protect my real team's identity, but dropping THIS FREAKING STUD killed me.

Some of you may have noticed, but I pulled from the high school pool instead of my usual rummage through the international (mostly) garbage (Yeah, yeah, I know. There are few gems in the rough in the International pool, but they are rare. And even then, they many times do not reach their full potential). Anyway, I was thinking I was on my main account and without thinking I selected the high school pool. I drafted the best looking player (Getting very excited because he looked fantastic) and he was a 15 POT pitcher. I have never drafted a 15 POT pitcher on my main account in, well, we'll call it almost two years...

Then, I realized I was signed in as Team Scandinavia. I was horrified because one, I had never drafted a 15 POT pitcher before and it was just cruel irony that I would pull one accidentally and two, I knew this would anger people no matter what I did with him in the end.

After I realized what I had done, I had two options. I could either (a) keep the future stud and ruin my all Scandinavian team and anger those who saw that and would point out that my team is not competitive and shouldnt be drafting that kind of talent blah blah blah. Or (b) release him, and let waivers decide his fate (which is all luck, just like the draft. So, really, nothing was hurt by all of this except for me and the cruel irony of me NEVER drafting a 15 POT pitcher until today.)

Of course, on my main account I drafted a 11 POT pitcher who is meh at best. I apologize if this situation offended anyone and wish you all the luck in the world for your claim on him in the waiver wire. :(

Updated Friday, September 30 2016 @ 3:27:57 pm PDT

Updated Friday, September 30 2016 @ 4:01:51 pm PDT
AD24

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh, so it is Slug like I thought.

I ended up with a 12 POT beast that Rodeo wouldnt like. :)

Updated Friday, September 30 2016 @ 3:38:14 pm PDT
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Team Scandinavia

Oh, I was wondering why there was a 15 POT pitcher on the waiver wire. I'm not offended though, I'm just happy I have a chance at getting a player like that!
xLee227

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I got 2 "very goods" to choose from today, a pitcher with an excellent curveball/stamina and a S/L batter with plus hitting/power/defense. Normally in these circumstances, I go with BPA but my minors are stacked with hitters right now, so I went with the pitcher. Kinda disappointed since he'll likely only turn into a back-end innings-eating guy but that's fine with me considering my dearth of pitching talent right now. In the future, though, I think I'll stick with BPA haha.
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
there were two very good potential players. one a pitcher, with a below average control rating, and a hitter that didn't have any hitting comment.

I went for a guy with good potential, but excellent scouting comments.

I like this guy.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That is kind of why I don't like the idea of these international teams. Messes up the integrity of the game a bit. Not trying to single out Team Scandinavia, I just don't think its a good idea in general.
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/139817

Probably will get dumped later on, should have taken the "good potential" pitcher instead except I really need some more position players in my minors.
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock

I'm not particularly crazy about the international teams either. However, I don't think this particular instance is a big deal.

Even if he (or she) had not picked that player, someone else would have most likely in the next 2-3 weeks. It is all luck about who pulls that guy. Now, on the waiver wire, just like the draft it is a random decision about who gets him. That's just my two cents.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Horrible , horrible, horrible choices for round two. No very goods and four of the five goods had the dreaded terrible hitter or wild comments, making the choice a no brainer. Unfortunately he's a 12 potential. The good thing about him is he's 16 and could likely make the majors by 22. Too bad his optimistic upside is only as a below average outfielder.
Fail.
With the big two drafts of the season netting an average guy and a release, it pretty much guarantees a bad drafting class.
System fail.
Dumb, dumb, dumb drafts.
Carcharoth

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
12 POT 1B, Cedillo. His report had me stoked, the only other option I considered was a strike out, throw all day, very good POT pitcher but I need the position player depth. Although he's a pure 1B/DH player, he looks like he should develop in time and smack the ball around nicely, so I'll keep him for now.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page