Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Waiver Steals and FA   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I currently have Shawn Currier. Picked him up as a free agent with the intent of him being a backup outfielder or emergency second baseman. He wound up getting auto-assigned the #99 of Rats Hall of Famer Mateo Sepúlveda — who appeared on this same thread many seasons ago, incidentally — and is doing his damnedest to live up to that jersey number. As to whether he’s a steal, only time will tell, but he’s off to a promising start and has earned a starting role in the outfield.

Updated Wednesday, June 2 2021 @ 3:38:36 pm PDT
Bennett11

Pittsburgh Pirates
VI.8

Broken Bat Baseball
yea i have hard time cutting, especially young pitcher
bennett777

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
im planning on a 7 yr rebuild that will take alot of time but will work, plus green needed to got to a contender
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Felder has been a nice FA pickup. Only grabbed him as a replacement when I lost my Ace for 40 games, but he's done well enough to retain his place on the squad now that my Ace is coming back :)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow... Kim just hit 20 Power... Possibly my best 1-claim pickup of all time?

Shi Woo Kim

Hitting: 18
Bat Control: 19
Plate Discipline: 16
Power: 20

Looking forward to seeing what his new Power does for him with that 0.65 GB/FB :)
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
With pickups like those, who needs the draft? xD Armendariz also gained +1 Pow at age 29. He likes to hit ground balls though
Alyksandur

Boca Raton Gryphons
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
 Two in particular stand out on the current Gryphon’s roster.

First, Alexander D`Agostino. Three time All-Star, four time Gold Glove winner, top three spots on the single-season stolen bases leaderboard (and took over the club’s all-time stolen base count at age twenty-nine, two seasons ago). He stole seventy-five bases in ’49, and that was an off year by his standards; he’s taken triple digits twice in his career.

Second, Bryan Devine. Not exactly Gold Glove material at second base, but serviceable enough. He’s got a couple of All-Star selections under his belt and made credible bid for the MVP in the past two seasons, finishing in the top five. Decent power, a sub-1.00 GB/FB, not afraid to run (though I should probably turn his stealing down a notch), and at the prime of his career. Oh, did I mention he was supposedly a 12 POT? Apparently he isn’t anymore.
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I have so many 1 claimers, I'll only go over the FA signings.

Bradley was a former VI.30 ROTY (in fact, he won it in my first season managing the team), I got him at the beginning of '50, and he's been a fine defensive outfielder who can hit against lefties.

Foster, another former Rooke pf the Year in LL6, had a much better rookie season than Bradley (who averaged less than 1 AB per team game), but by 29, he became very expendable and I got him for minimum salary. His ERA has shot up recently, but he's been one of 2 bullpenners I can trust.

Velez, who I never would have signed nowadays (bad minors stats, bad pros stats, 26 yo, 12 POT with no power rating as of 2048), and I still don't know why I let him get through '48 on my team, as .239/.318/.340 isn't enough to combat 29 SB), but he made the '49 roster... And then promptly made the All-Star roster. He switched to 2B early in the season, despite having very little experience, but he's been an excellent leadoff hitter for the past 3 years and popped to 13 POT.

Wilkins was also signed in '48 and has played 7 positions (C, 2B, 3B, CF, LF, RF, DH), been a good defender, and a power hitter. He's never been an awe-inspiring player, but he does what he needs to do.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Maybe not good enough to pitch in legends, but Eden generously released Drew Harvey, who is the best pitcher on my staff. He doesnt get used as much as the other guys, because he's near his SI peak, but I am hoping he can start next season

https://brokenbat.org/player/247567
JV-Tosshin

Biloxi Thresher Sharks
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
On a similar vein, I would like to submit Masao Harada, generously released by the Lahaina Mules, and who I picked up in pre-season last season. He's been my best starter for two season and started two straight all star games.

Was unlucky with his W/L rate last season, but he's already 10-2 on the season.

Might not have that many years left in him, but he was a good, cheap, veteran pickup who really provided some stability in a starting lineup that I have gotten some huge improvement out of after cutting to 33-year olds who got to expensive for their production.

So my deepest thanks to the Mules. You saved my starting lineup and are helping me make a run for LL4.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page