Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2031 Draft #2   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
bsmall84

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Went Latin and pulled a Future Ace - Maybe

Quinones

It is my 3rd or 4th 13 POT pitcher drafted in the last year.
12twelve

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
After a total dud POT 11 first round pick, I got lucky and landed this guy!

http://brokenbat.org/player/149516

Hoping that I can turn him into a solid shortstop.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Well. In about 7 seasons Waterloo's manager will be calling down to the bullpen saying:

"Use the Schwarz".

Hope he's upside and not downside.
Vols

Norman Aces
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/149743
Probably going to be a POT 14 corner outfielder.
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I got a fairly disappointing selection. 2 very goods, but neither of them had good reports. One was a pitcher who only had "He can throw all day" and a hitter with no positive hitting report and only "above average power."

So, the only good potential was a pitcher with a good report -- a report I tend to look for in a relief pitcher. "Fastball will have some pop," "Curveball will be exceptional," and "He may be limited to a few innings."

So, a very strong looking relief pitcher right? Nope, 11 potential. However, since his stamina will be low and his range/arm are only 18 combined points, I may hold onto him for a little while because he does look to be a pretty good 11 potential pitcher, and I have had success with an 11 in the past as high as level IV. He would have to develop absolutely perfectly with points in all the right areas and low fielding for him to stick around long enough to get to the bigs, but I'll give him a shot.

In hindsight, I should have taken the VG pitcher who "could throw all day." Hindsight is always 20/20.

Updated Friday, March 3 2017 @ 7:33:58 pm PST
tokuchi

Smyrna Sounds
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Three very good reports:

Kepano Hale, P, 17: fastball pop, exceptional breaking ball, control below avg.

Milt Garett, P, 17: throw all day.

Bryan Tolbert, SS, 17: decent slugger, really quick.

Also a good report: Jonathan Wood, P, 18: exceptional breaking ball, limited to a few innings.

Decided to go with Kepano. He turned out to be a 14 pot, although he doesn't look like one currently. Not sure I made the correct choice here.
itsjustmath

Plymouth Pilgrims
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Not many options to choose from this round. Went with the good pitcher over the good bat and grabbed a potential 4th or 5th starter. Will see how he develops

http://brokenbat.org/player/149543

Updated Saturday, March 4 2017 @ 5:09:37 am PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@Slug5373 - Hindsight can certainly be a bully. If that guy was a POT 12, he was probably the best choice. If the Very Good guy is a POT 14 then he was probably a better choice. Unfortunately you can't tell until you bring them to camp and let the coaches take a look at them. You may have made the best of two bad choices anyhow.
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Just drafted my franchise player
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@jreynoldson913 congrats great shortstop and 15 pot good overall report.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page