Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Current Bank Balance   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Finances are the one aspect of this game I have not paid any attention to, because my team had money when I acquired it.

I am curious if my situation is normal or not. Do some teams struggle with money in this game?

My current bank balance is: $101,070,056.00
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Speaking for my team, we lost some over $5.3M over the previous three seasons (of which I managed one-and-a-half). I started the 2031 season at $3.6M. I wound up scrounging for budget players and cutting veterans who were getiing to be a bit much for the shoestring operation I was having to run. Fortunately, I had a really good showing this season, making back more than the team lost over those seasons. DFB is currently sitting at an almost comfortable $11.9M.

tl;dr: Yes, there are teams who struggle financially.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
That's a great sum to have, Bridger. Once you hit LL4, you get to start paying the "Franchise Fee". This tax goes up and up the higher you climb. Not to mention you'll eventually develop better players who will demand more cash.

You're in a great spot, imo. You can still add to it and win at the same time.
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the info, guys. I definitely lucked into a healthy franchise...$70mil+ when I took over in 2028.

My revamped roster is finally starting to take shape after a few seasons, so hopefully I'll start climbing up a few leagues soon.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Teams can be mismanaged into a hole. Either through signing of exorbinant free agents or through retention of overpriced veterans. But most lower division teams should be making money. As PrivateSnowflate said, you need a nest egg for upper divisions. I've averaged an 8 million dollar loss the past 3 seasons, and blown off more than 40 million since reaching Legends.

I have gained an appreciation of how finances work this season tho. I've kept some overpriced veterans around to fatten up some career stats. If the financial aspect was more stringent I would have had to cut these favourite players.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
"I've averaged an 8 million dollar loss the past 3 seasons, and blown off more than 40 million since reaching Legends."
That is scary. I thought the profit from tickets etc. was enough to cover higher salaries in top leagues.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You lose a lot of money in Legends. 18.5 million franchise fee plus taxes. Players who perform also demand more money in the higher leagues. I lose around 10 mil a year in legends with player salaries ~50 million.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page