Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Round 1   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
@Mike: Looks like a solid lead-off hitting 3B for a long time...I'll trade 1st round picks if you want?
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Mike

I understand what you are saying. The build could be a better one.

But I think Ángelo Rodriquez could turn out to be a very good Average/On Base Percentage Player.

He could be very high in Hitting, in BC, and in PD. And he is only 16.

I agree with Bridger, He could be a player worth getting. :-)
BrianV

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I got a promising 18 yr old, 14-POT SP: Derrick Moulton

Scouting Report: He can have a major league fastball. He can have a major league curveball. He will be able to throw all day. He has very good overall potential.

P.S., only 9 RNG, 10 Arm, so most of his points should go to his pitching!

Updated Saturday, October 7 2017 @ 2:53:06 pm PDT
Sneaky-Day

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I got this guy with my first pick. I wonder if he could be a nice 2B despite his low arm?
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
After a mediocre draft season that followed a disastrous one, this one got off to a perfect start. I had a "very good" pitcher in the selection, but while the quality of pitching in my farm is dubious, the sheer number of available arms is decent compared to the bats, so I went with the "very good" position player and didn't regret it:
http://brokenbat.org/player/164754
I already have way more position players with questionable arms than positions to play them in, but I certainly won't complain about a 15p "great hitter".
Quietly hoping for a repeat of 2031, when I landed three 15ps in a season, which must have jinxed the next two seasons...
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I had a “good potential” P w major league breaking ball and starting pitcher scouting reports but I was lured away from him with the only “very good” potential player in the draft pool. I guess I couldn’t pass up the chance for a 14 or 15 POT.

Wound up with this POT 13 guy. I was pretty heartbroken, especially since he doesn’t have a hitting comment. His only saving grace, I think, is that he’s got like nothing for speed range or arm, so all his points will go into fielding, BC, PD, and prolific power. Which might be interesting...
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I've developed something of a tradition of drafting international the first round, and came away with Ashly Moss. …Who is probably going to be Christian Lien all over again… -.-
Alyksandur

Boca Raton Gryphons
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I told Steve when I took over this team for the experiment that I wouldn't be drafting. I did draft in the last round of last season, just out of curiosity, to see if it would let me go back to draft for rounds I'd skipped (which it didn't). Also out of curiosity, I wanted to see what I would have to choose from in the first round, and I saw a scouting report including, "He may never get out of the minor leagues."

…I had to. I couldn't not at that point.

May I present possibly the worst ever first round draft pick in Broken Bat history, Danny Still.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I had a POT 7 in the last round last season, but I picked the guy who looked the best on my list...

Updated Saturday, October 7 2017 @ 9:04:46 pm PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
No very goods at all on my slate. I chose Arnold Bartley a very underwhelming 13 POT reliever. I mean he is definitely a keeper so it could be worse, but he doesn't strike me as someone who will fill any of my holes in my Legends boat either.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page