Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2040 Draft - Round #4   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Meh, a totally fine POT 12 middle reliever. I just don't think he's good enough to remain in my minor league system. I imagine I'll cut him later today. But not a bad draftee.
Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My first catch and release of the Year was Sandy Farrow, a 10 POT 3b out of Jackson Preparatory School in Jackson, Mississippi.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I didn't have an interesting list. One decent scouting report mixed in with the "He will kill the mascot" pitchers and "should be swinging a beer cart, not a bat" position players.

I did get an interesting player. "Great hitting" combined with 9 current skill (at age 17) is compelling. Potentially playable defender at 2B, SS or 3B.

His BC/PD project to be pretty low. I think guys like that have a little better chance than normal to go +1 on their potential. Some high roll potential.

The big problem is a lack of speed or power. I expect prospects to bring one of these to the table. Would love to give him some time in the minors to see if he's one of those no-power-hit-HRs-anyway guys.

The other problem is that I'm not sure he can be better than the current prospects at those positions. Saurez the easiest to displace. Great hitting on Marino might be worth giving up Saurez's base running and stealing. Marino is probably better than Riley, who I am quite convinced will be a bum, but can't cut b/c of his potential bar.
blackfire83

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
A 12 Pot Catcher with a bunch of speed who's going to be terrible at defense? Hmmm... We shall see.

Also, he rates as the second best prospect in my system, which should tell you something about how bare the cupboards are in Vermillion, SD.

Updated Friday, April 12 2019 @ 7:54:44 am PDT

Updated Friday, April 12 2019 @ 7:56:08 am PDT
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
13pot 67si 3B a keeper.
Longviewess

Frederick Keys
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Once again only 2 Goods to choose from. Took the only one with a positive hitting comment who turned out to be 12 POT.

http://brokenbat.org/player/198807

Love the great hitter comment and 7 Hit and 8 BC starting skills. Lots of speed and range for an OF slot. However with that weak arm he will need a bus and 2 trains to get the ball back to the infield.

Updated Friday, April 12 2019 @ 8:20:34 am PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Also, he rates as the second best prospect in my system, which should tell you something about how bare the cupboards are in Vermillion, SD.

You know how sometimes you see something and you really wish you'd never seen it but you just can't unsee it?

Don't click on Vermillion's minor league page. :)

FWIW, when I took over the Dinos I had something like 15-16 guys in the minors. I cut all but 2 of them.

In a way, it's nice to have some work to do. Think there are some significant improvements you could make from free agency, let alone waivers.
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Biggs

I know these guys don't usually pan out and he may not last long with my roster at 50, but I have certainly had worse 4th round picks.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@Longviewsss you do you realize that a 9 arm is basically average right? With the range he's a perfect CF and would be a great LF if you already have another CF coming thru the pipeline
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Been a poor draft season for me...until now. Nieves will get his full OF before moving to SS, hopefully his Range doesn't drop and although his PD might be an issue the rest of the package should play. @Seca - I'll look forward to him throwing out some Waterloo base runners in a few seasons. ;)

And although Vermilion's AA prospects are bad (with one exception) the rest are okay. I've seen worse.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page