Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Idea About Waiver Claims   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
First, a caveat. I have not fully thought this out, and I know it's more complicated than I'm describing. And also, it may just be a bad idea. But here goes:

We know some of us have long stretches of not winning any waiver claims. Furthermore, my team is a dreadful LL6, and I absolutely hate it when I lose out on 60+, 80+ claim players to a LL1 mega-powerhouse team. It just doesn't seem fair.

What if there was some kind of system where the game tracked how many "claims" got placed on players that you cut, and that sort of had an effect on increasing your odds of winning your next claim.

Especially since we don't have trades in BB.

Every time I cut someone who still has some playing time and performance left in their career, but I can no longer afford them, and I watch 20 or 30 claims (or more) be put on him, I can't help but think it sucks that I'm releasing players into the system that have value but getting nothing in return.

With this idea, I'm sort of building waiver credit by releasing players of value into the system that will increase my odds of winning future waiver claims.

I know it's a rough outline of an idea, but does anyone think there might be something to this idea?

Jeff
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
There have been quite a few ideas posted in the past, including priorities claims where a team can pick a claim to get extra tries against.

In general I am against any idea that rewards you for cutting a player. Cutting players is a natural mechanic to improve your team already. Doesn't seem like there should be extra rewards for doing it. Plus teams that get extra lucky with drafts/waivers would be the ones who benefited the most from a reward (since their cuts would draw the most interest). This cancels out the leveling mechanic of roster limits. Currently roster limits help to level the playing field by forcing extremely lucky teams to choose some players to release which gives unlucky teams a chance to acquire some decent second hand talent. If you reward lucky teams for cutting their excess talent, then you have essentially eliminated that balancing mechanic from the game. And making it harder for the weaker teams since they would be losing out on these same rewards since they don't have good players to release. Any idea based on rewarding cuts would really create imbalance in the game.

Updated Thursday, July 27 2017 @ 8:35:41 pm PDT
Alyksandur

Boca Raton Gryphons
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Legends and II teams already cut players (who will get dozens of claims) because, frankly, they already have better players. This idea would really only serve to give them a better chance to win a high-claim waiver player later, exactly the opposite of what you're trying to accomplish.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I see what you guys are saying, and you're right. I'm just trying to brainstorm something that works. It hurts watching a legend nab the high claim player you've been hoping for as a VI team. Would seem that the worse teams should have elevated chances/higher choice priority than the great teams, for competitive balance and fairness.

I'm not whining. Just thinking of ways that things could be tweaked or improved.
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
It is what it is. I haven't claimed a single player this year (well, I did on accident, I put in a claim I forgot to clear out and got him and dropped him). I think the random way is the fair way. I think giving lower level teams a better chance can also be dangerous because they may be claiming salaries their attendance can't support.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If you think it hurts in LL VI, try being in the same league as those mega-powerhouses, and watch them win those claims you had a claim on as well while you win claims on guys who put up ERAs over 5.00 for you and put up terrible peripherals as well.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, the envy doesn't really go away just because you raise in league level ;)
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
-1 to original idea
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
-1 to snide comment

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page