Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2040 Draft   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Hope we split out new threads for the other rounds. I might be the only one, but I do look back through these threads for various reasons. This thing is going to be an unweildy beast before long.

I had a gem amoung the he'll always be wilds and he'll never be a good hitters.

Scouting Report: He can be a strike out pitcher. His slider can be exceptional. He may be limited to only a few innings. He has good overall potential.

With a couple big positives I thought there was a strong chance the good potential would be 12. Was disappointed he was 11.

Still think he could be a 12. Strong scouting. Good starting skills / SI. Could exceed expectations. Potential (IMO) should always be viewed as a floor tho. The chance that he'd occupy a roster spot for 7-8 seasons and stall out at 86 SI makes him (and 11 pot guys in general) bad propositions.

On the bright side, having drafted a 9 & an 11 already, I've got my 7th and 8th round picks out of the way. :) Next week stands a good chance of being better.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh, that's a sneaky one. I'd have bit on that scouting report most weeks myself.
Da_Juice

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/197666

I continue a very good draft this year with this guy in the 2nd round. Going to play him at 2nd. Since my 1st round pick will be at SS. really need some Pitchers in my minors though but oh well
Herp Derp

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Rock was right. The player was not replaced in my pool. Can't count to ten when it's early.
Still... never had that happen before.

However, I'm sure that there was a profile page for prospects. You could click the name and go to a page with question marks where the ratings would be... but you'd get to see height, weight, hometown, and their little avatar.
I've used it in the past to break ties between comparable players. Today was the first time I've gotten a player ID does not exist message.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh, that's a sneaky one. I'd have bit on that scouting report most weeks myself.

Heehee. Well, there wasn't any opportunity cost. Wasn't anything else close.

Not to dwell on last week, but I did a little looking. I've made 225 draft picks (+-) in my time here. By my records 7 of those have been 9 pot. Getting one in the first round was breath-taking.

Updated Friday, March 29 2019 @ 10:23:53 am PDT
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
However, I'm sure that there was a profile page for prospects.

Yep, they certainly used to have pages. Haven't checked one in a long time, so can't say when (or if) that option was removed.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm a bit fascinated by McCoy now. So many questions. Where is all that SI the scouting report promises going to come from? Maybe his stamina sticks at 4 or 5? Almost has to be a 12 POT at the end of the day, right?
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Another great pool to pick from. 2 good, 2 above average. Went with the "good" pitcher that will probably be as good as the rest of my pitchers with double digits ERAs.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Err ... that's a 20 year old AA placed 13 pot with exceptional movement and good SI / starting skills. No guarantees he's a star, but I really don't get the hate.

There was a post a little higher in the thread by a team that's suffered long term damage from the first two rounds of this year's draft. 1st round pick was a great / decent 17 yr 13 pot with 17 speed + SB gene and 2 clear defensive positions.

Draft expectations are so divergent. Draft reform such a challenge.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Seca, you are absolutely right, he looks good. But I also thought my first rounder from '37 and third rounder from '35 looked good, too. Still waiting for them to develop into what I thought they'd be. Maybe I do have expectations that are too high. Maybe I don't judge pitching pprospects correctly. Maybe I don't it my orders in the right spot to succeed. Maybe I shouldn't post at the end of a 14 how day at work, lol. Maybe you could take a look at the two aforementioned gentlemen and let me know if you think my faith in them is misguided. I'd link to them but I'm not at home and my tablet doesn't like to do stuff.

PS- I apologize for sounding like a whiny b***h.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page