Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2064 Open Thread   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
nemesis

Brooklyn Dodgers
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Nice start to the season, 17-2 win on opening day.

But I look at box scores like that, and I have to wonder: what kind of day did Canizares have?

Everyone in the lineup had at least two hits, scored, and had at least one RBI. Except for Canizares, who went 0-for-6 with two strikeouts, left ELEVEN men on base and made the only error in the field. Does he walk out thinking, "I get to come back tomorrow, right?"
SanKaloon

Lincoln Park Wolves
V.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Not a great start to the season so far at 3-7. My ace suddenly can't pitch and my lineup is cold. It seems everyone on my team starts cold at the beginning of the season each year. I know I'm supposed to play prospects in spring training, but I'm starting to wonder if I played my starters in spring if they wouldn't start so cold.

Updated Friday, April 19 2024 @ 3:23:17 am PDT
JV-Tosshin

Biloxi Thresher Sharks
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, you know, I've been searching for an offense for YEARS, so I suppose it makes sense that it shows up after my defense and pitching falls off, haha.

My team has not had a season average runs per game scored of over 5 since the 2051 season.

We have not allowed more than 5 runs per game on average since 2048, my first full season with the team.

Sure, it's only 10 games into the season, but they are BOTH at 8,2 right now. I feel like that's a bit of a departure.

I'll be honest, it's a lot more entertaining now!
SanKaloon

Lincoln Park Wolves
V.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Picked up this guy, Pascual Soto, to eat some innings because I've had injury problems in the starting rotation. "He is probably too old to improve much more." Gained 3 points in this weeks training update - so that's fun :)
SanKaloon

Lincoln Park Wolves
V.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Halfway through the season, and we are not very good. The plan going in was to devolop the youngster Chico Escobar while preserving our league level, but I knew that was risky. Pitching has not been great - we've had injury issues with starting pitching, which hasn't helped. And the last two years we were able to throw Larry Woodruff out there pretty much every game for a good outcome, but he seems to be cooked, and has been hard to replace. So we are staying the course for the 2nd half. I don't think we are as bad as our 5th place position in the East. Plan now is just not to relegate.

Updated Wednesday, May 15 2024 @ 4:54:41 am PDT

Updated Wednesday, May 15 2024 @ 4:55:29 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |