Help

Forum >> Help >> Roster Decision   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
The first guy I would release is the new youth pull. It kind of stinks throwing a new pull away but as an 11 pot who still needs to develop I just feel I wouldn't waste my time with him.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I have to agree with brentswagger, Thingummyjig would be my first cut. Christian is a good backup but last season looks like a career year, I'd look to replace him given his age if the option comes. Molina and Noriega really need to be full-time starters otherwise they'll never develop fully - which is going to be a problem for Molina, doesn't appear to be a spot for him.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I think I would differ from these gentlemen on Thumying. The dude is pretty much ready to go to the Majors, and it looks like you could use a bit of help at 1B/DH against RHP. If that's the case, I would keep him and play him.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Christian and Noriega look very good defensively, but are a liability on offense. Molina and Thumying don't have the PD that I think would help them get on base.

Call up Thumying and put him in the vs RHP lineup as a DH/1B. Molina should be played as a DH/1B in the vs LHP lineup. Christian and Noriega are good defensive players to be used as backups.
Andreimun

York Frogs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks, everyone! I guess that I will try to keep all of them for the moment. If I am either too far from safety or comfortably in mid-table by the All Star break, I'll play these guys full-time and see how they develop.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Don't let Molina's PD scare you from him. Eduardo Rios on my team has a horrible PD but hits so well and has so few SO that his OBP and OPS are very high. Makes for a great #2 hitter to move along the leadoff hitter
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Strange - Gonna have to bite the bullet and call him up to really see big gains. Long relief is a nice spot to hide these kinds of guys, most games that get to them usually end poorly for the team anywho.

Toto - Don't know why you'd wait on him, he looks like he's just 5-6 pops away from being capable of holding his own?

Miranda - I don't like his build, so to me nothing lost by keeping him down.

Trent - I like him more than Miranda. I'd have given him some 1b/DH time either during the cup if you don't care how you do or during the regular season if you think you're going to finish mid pack.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
@Fury - not sure how you managed to reply in the wrong thread, I'll assume too many windows open!

I agree with you on all counts, I'm just using the logic that these guys need equal playing time at all minors levels (well, between A and AAA) and they're all a little short on AAA time by comparison. But if they're ready, they're ready. May bring Torres up right away, and...wait, now that I think about it, I'm needing some LH bats against RHP! Miranda or Trent may get the call tonight.
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not sure either. Pressed open in new tab?
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Something like that. Miranda got a start last night and went 1-for-4 with a 2-run homer, so he's getting another start against RHP.

Which might mean its time to call and end to Sheppard's tenure. Hasn't turned out like I'd hoped, though there hasn't been much in the way of alternatives and I'm short on OF and his range is decent.

Previous Page | Show All |