Help

Forum >> Help >> Advice   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
nxck98

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi everyone, I'm a relatively seasoned player with two seasons experience in this game. I just have some questions about my team, and would appreciate if someone could look at my team and see what I should fix to win more. Thanks
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I will say that you should have fielding, range, and arm at SS. Zwart would be a great catcher and Hammond would be good at 1B. You need range and arm at CF, so Navarette would be good there. Duarte would be a good LF.

I also see a lot of players on your major league roster that have similar builds and that kind of limits where you can play them.

Also having players with a hitting report in their scouting report can help increase offense and possibly get you some more wins.
nxck98

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Also, which prospects should I look to cut?
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
The prospects that you should cut are ones that don't have a hitting comment unless they have a good amount of fielding, range, and arm to be a SS or 2B. You should cut pitchers that have a control report that says "He will always be lacking in control" or "He will always be wild".

Taking a quick look at your minors, you need to add more pitchers and release some of the position players you have. Majority of the position you have don't have a hitting report at all and some won't be good at fielding as well.
nxck98

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If it says that a guy should be in AAA, but you feel he is ready for the bigs, what should you do?
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd follow what the computer says and keep the player in AAA until the computer says that they're ready.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
BTW, what is a MOSH? Like a Mosh Pit?

Steve
nxck98

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes Steve. Yes
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Some more thoughts. I'll start with your minors:-

AAA: Morrell is almost capped out and isn't that great, he's a backup OF/C at best.

AA: Melendez has a control issue (which sometimes works but usually doesn't) and gives up a ton of homers (1 HR/10 IP is the ideal), and also has a lot of points in fielding categories - I'd look to replace him. Ortiz doesn't have a hitting report, and as a lefty is limited to 1B or a corner outfielder spot at best. He doesn't have much to recommend, I'd replace him too. Bonilla is a backup OF at best, not enough points in hitting stats even when fully developed. Morse is a nice prospect, should be a very solid hit/on base guy, but he's not a SS (you'd want 15+ fielding there and he should max at 12 at the most). He'd make an excellent CF though with 3B as a fallback. White is another good prospect, he'll make a solid LF.

A: Wrobel is a nice pitcher, should be good. Carmona will make for a solid defensive SS and backup 3B, but he'll never hit much. Stark is the better prospect and somewhat wasted in the OF - I'd move him to SS and have Carmona as a backup plan. Donati will make a very nice 3B though he could just be okay with the bat, still a nice guy to have. Cheney is a cut for me - its almost never worth having a defensive replacement OF on the roster, not when hitting is so hard to find and roster spots are at a premium.

Rookie: Rader is a borderline prospect but worth keeping for now. Cockrell is a cut - won't hit at the majors level, doesn't have a defensive position (need 16+ Arm at C). Turpin/Beck - backup C/OF at best, I'd cut both. Oliveri - same, though he could play 3B but can't hit.

Basics? You want a positive (good, but preferably very good or great) hitting report, and preferably with power, for all your hitters. Pitching? An out pitch (fastball and/or breaking ball) report with no control issues. That's true for the majors as well as the minors.

Good managers are hard to find but a $5M salary for a manager in LLVI is a lot of money. I'd look for someone cheaper, but getting someone as good or better will be tough.

A quick look over your majors roster, your team looks okay not great. I think a lot of your team's success is down to the opposition as opposed to talent at your end: four bots, three of whom lost at least 95 games, makes for some inflated numbers.

Previous Page | Show All |