Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2063 Draft Round 2   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Fireballer34

Hollywood Velociraptors
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Went in looking for a rotation shortstop, found a hitting masterpiece that could play DH or fill in for injury at almost any position. Wouldn’t start him at short though.
http://brokenbat.org/player/344727
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
went again with the pitcher pool, this round was definitely better than the 1st.

A couple of very good prospects and 3 good (including a promising 12 pot low stamina guy, but i've my minors already stuck with relievers)

Of the 2 very good, one was a 18 yo venezuelan with a 14 pot description (fastball with some pop, exceptional braking ball and can throw all day) but only 11 pot scouted. Figured out it could bump up to 13 but i didn't dare because there was also Holliday available on the board.

He should become be a capable rotation guy (#2 if he gain a point, #4-5 if he drops one, #3 if he remains the same), let's see how it goes.

Now i'm fairly set with pitchers, from next friday till the end of the season i'll try to draft a 3B, let's see how it goes.

Updated Friday, February 2 2024 @ 6:39:38 am PST
SanKaloon

Lincoln Park Wolves
V.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Cory Bond
POT 13 high school pitcher. Seems to be a HR machine in high school, but has a decent K/BB ratio.
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Had the wildest board I seen in a long, long time.
Took a few braincells on making a decision. Took a screenshot, tell me if I'm crazy on picking a 13 good pot over a handful 14s and a 16 pot.

This kind of draft decisions are what I love, I've been following the alternative draft discussion and if we could replicate this more often without diluting the game with great hitting high potential players I would be thrilled. I'm not at all in favor of handling out complete package players to everyone, in fact I am very much against it. But having multiple choices between
flawed but viable players is so very much fun.

Edit; somebody explain to my dumbass how to post images, I would love to share my screenshot of this masterpiece draft board.

[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/cSBt8MSUqYe6ZQQPA[/img]

Updated Friday, February 2 2024 @ 7:05:48 am PST

Updated Friday, February 2 2024 @ 7:27:40 am PST
Annie Oakley

Independence Cavaliers
V.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Nothing to get excited about on my Board. Doubled my number of POT 12s from round 1 from 2 to 4, but no very good potential comments this time.

So I pick a college pitcher with high school SI and bad amateur stats. Unlikely to have the stamina to be a starter even if he proves me wrong and is worth keeping. Best of a bad bunch as far as I could see - best scouting report and the others had equally bad (or worse) amateur stats.

Genuinely the only interesting thing about him is that his scouting comment changed from breaking ball to slider - I didn't know that was a thing that happened - at least I got something out of draft day I suppose
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
@Phillies - I think you made the right call, though I'd have been awfully tempted by the 16pot, even if he turns out to be a 14pot.

New York landed a nice C/OF prospect in Crowe.

If he turns out anything like Jason Bourne, I'll be very pleased.

Updated Friday, February 2 2024 @ 7:35:34 am PST
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
@almaric

Yes, there was three 14 pots non with hitting comments, and the 16 pot was without a hitting comment as well. So I knew the Feng was the right pick. But seeing a 16 pot makes my heart skip a few beats, haha.
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
If Feng bumps to 14 (definitely possible) he'll be without doubt the best choice.

The 16 pot was very tempting though, he'll almost certainly go down to 15 but he still could ends as an useful all glove SS. if he ends at 12 hitting could also be a starter.

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
POT 11 was the highest on Haverhill's board, but I'm actually really happy with this guy for round 2.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@Annie Oakley - Robinson doesn't look too bad. He has some nice tendencies (like his GB/FB), and healthy Control growth. His H/IP is concerning, but this is the sort of guy who might be able to turn that around over time.

Previous Page | Show All |