Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2063 Draft Round 3   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
went for a 3B, worst draft board i've ever seen for a 3rd round. would have been bad even for a 5th round

5 out of 10 guys had "never will be a decent hitter", other 5 without a hitting report.

Highest pot was a 12 good potential, instant cut

Let's see in the next week, pnly positive thing is i don't have to decide which player i have to cut to free a roster spot
JSJAngling

Akron Aardvarks
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Also went 3B. Slightly better luck.

https://brokenbat.org/player/330758
Fireballer34

Hollywood Velociraptors
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Nothing better than a few 11s on my board, this one was ok, might go up to 12, I guess it’s ok for a 3rd round bit I’ve found better pitchers 3rd round or later in almost all of my drafts.
http://brokenbat.org/player/345168
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Haverhill picked up a CF. I don't have high expectation, but maybe he can be a role player.

Our #2 pick is still the best of class so far.
jclemen2

Mount Prospect Skeletons
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Pleasantly surprised, I went with Pitcher which I rarely do after the 1st two rounds. Had a couple of decent K and movement reports with good potential but with below average control. Two Good with limited to a few innings outside of that, 1 strikeout and 1 movement guy. Opted for the 2nd, Josué Gonzalez, he has a couple of statistics that are insanely good. His Latin ERA is still 5.76 which isn't great, but his FIP is 3.73. What jumped out to me was his 1.71 GB/FB rate and only 51 HR allowed in 1167 innings. He still had 730 Ks as well.
Annie Oakley

Independence Cavaliers
V.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Shocking Board with no comment better than above average potential and only 3 without a bad control comment.

Even had a couple say that they may never make it out of the minors - not a comment I recall seeing before

This season started with a bad 1st round, had a terrible 2nd and now a useless 3rd. So at least it's consistent

crash_davis

Williston Pioneers
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Second season in a row I found a round 3 gem. Last season I got a POT 15 pitcher, this time a POT 16 OF. Wish there was more in the scouting report, but I can't complain
https://brokenbat.org/player/358822

Been a pretty monster draft this season: a POT 15 SS, POT 14 OF and POT 16 OF so far
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I had a 14pot OF like Williston's, quick and good potential so probably a 12pot in reality - if it was a 16pot who becomes a 14pot that's a no-brainer, but not an option here.

Instead we took Shepard, who had a much better report. Time will tell if he sticks, already struggling to look for a cut - but now that my best pitcher is out for 34 days it may be time to start a youth movement.
SanKaloon

Lincoln Park Wolves
V.5

Broken Bat Baseball
I drafted late. Best thing on my board was a POT 11 pitcher, Kendall Mears

He's wasting a lot of points in his arm and his range, but his HS stats are not that terrible. Good K/BB ratio. Good GB/FB ratio. And not a lot of HRs. So I may see how he goes.

Previous Page | Show All |