Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Connecting to Chat   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
So, I was trying to connect to the chat it kept saying this: Error Connecting (Reconnecting too fast, throttled.)

Edit: Nvm. I got in the chat.

Updated Monday, October 5 2015 @ 1:50:44 pm PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, I was able to get in today too...but there was another report of a problem earlier, so I'm looking into it.

Steve
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
You usually get that error if you try to connect too quickly after opening the client or by trying to reconnect immediately after you've been disconnected. Waiting a couple seconds before hitting "connect" should prevent it from happening.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
For the last 24 hours its come up consistently with the error in joining chat, I still have to manually amend the chat it tries to join also - it adds a %20 for some reason
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve - the error when joining from firefox is still around - I have to manually change the default room from Broken_Bat%20Clubhouse to Broken_Bat Clubhouse each time I join - it probably discourages new players from using it, I've been trying to talk to a new player through it tonight - is it an easy fix in the coding somewhere?

Updated Friday, April 15 2016 @ 1:41:57 am PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, I can look into it. Hmmm...it worked from Firefox for me just now....

Steve
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Same as JJ and only in Firefox. I gotta remove the "%20" to connect. And we only figured out the fix by messaging one another in our chat group. A new player would have no idea because logging in as is (in Firefox), it looks like you're in a BB chat, but you're in a different room by yourself.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Hmmm...the problem is that I'm not inserting the %20...apparently Firefox is doing that. I wonder if we need to change the channel to something like Broken_Bat_Clubhouse to avoid the space issue.

Steve
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I presume you know about the issue but just in case - it looks like the chatroom has disappeared completely now, I've tried on both Firefox and I/E just to be sure - still every chance there's a user error at my end but I've tried both Broken_Bat Clubhouse and Broken_Bat_Clubhouse

Cheers
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I haven't done anything to change the chat setup or the channel.

The problem is the irc channel name is "Broken_Bat Clubhouse", but some browsers will use that as is and Firefox wouldn't allow a space and replaces it with a %20.

I'm think we probably shouldn't have setup a channel with a space...I think renaming is the only solution.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |