Off-Topic Forum

Forum >> Off Topic >> Broken Bat, but for soccer (or football for you Europeans)   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Cool thanks. Signed up. Deadwood FC in Netherlands League 2.2

https://www.f4football.com/teams/show/2192
texg8r

Pembroke Pines Gators
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Excellent! Welcome to the fun.

Some recommendations. Build up your Training Center. Build up your Youth Academy. Expand your Stadium. No other facility upgrades should be messed with for a while.

Don't bother acquiring expensive young'ish players right now, you don't have the development structure to support them, they won't be worth it.

You'll want to have a few players with high EXP in your lineup to help your younger players, these high EXP players don't have to be great, they just have to have the EXP.

Tactics and formations are important, but only if you are even close in rating to the team you are playing. So if you manage to promote to League 1 soon, you will probably get hammered a lot. Holland League 1 is pretty competitive. I've come in 11th two seasons in a row and I've been playing for like 10 seasons and my Academy and Training Center are almost fully upgraded.

Feel free to reach out to me on the chat function in F4 if you have any questions.
texg8r

Pembroke Pines Gators
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Other tips, now that I'm thinking about it.

We are just about to flip seasons. So you'll want to sign a sponsorship deal as soon as possible. Actually, you may be able to sign one right now and then sign another one once the season turns over, which would be awesome.

Make sure you sign up for a Friendly Tournament next season, they usually start popping up in the days after the season flips over. These are useful to get your younger players minutes and build their experience. They are literally for no other reason, so you don't need to care about being competitive. THere are times I run with 5 forwards and 2 defenders, just because that's who I have in development.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for those tips Tex!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I've been having fun with Blackout Rugby Manager. They have a Football (soccer) game in the pipeline, but I'm not sure when it will be released.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1157960/Blackout_Rugby_Manager/

bor.png

Updated Thursday, March 16 2023 @ 8:49:24 am PDT
Will29

Chandler Snakes
V.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I am going to make an f4 football team too. Any more usefull tips? Also im choosing netherlands so might run into some of you guys
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Hattrick will always be hugely influential to Broken Bat. I recently played in 2005, but it's still going strong you know...

www.hattrick.org
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Anyone still playing F4 Football? My club is Sint Maarten (Netherlands). I'm wrapping up my 7th full season as owner and I'll keep the top league for a fourth straight year. I was in 5th position which would have led to a club tournament, but lost my last two matches to finish 7th again.
texg8r

Pembroke Pines Gators
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Sad to say, but I dropped F4 a while back. I just couldn't enjoy it anymore. It's not realistic in ways that bother me. In the real world, players hit their prime in their mid 20s. In F4, they don't have enough experience at that age to be good enough for a team trying to compete. It kills the realism for me. Plus the lack of tactical options was a bit frustrating.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That's why I couldn't stand Hattrick. Too much unrealism. You can only train one position at a time...? So the "right" way to play is to choose one position and only ever train that one position. Then you sell extra guys and buy the rest of the team on the open market. Yuck. I don't like any game that implements silly restrictive mechanics that don't translate into reality in some way. I know it was influenced, but I've never liked the comparison of BB to Hattrick; BB mechanics and abstractions are very clean. It feels like you are really coaching a team. Hattrick just feels like a
Kairosoft "game".

Previous Page | Show All |