Help

Forum >> Help >> Defense question   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
In the Majors, would you rather put a player with "1B" but mediocre fielding at first, or a player who has no experience at first but the potential for excellent fielding?

Case in point, I'm not sure who should be at first and who at DH of Marcos Cano and Emilio Navarro. (Yes, I know they are both righties, which isn't optimal, but I'm not going to have a lefty at first anytime soon, unfortunately.)

Updated Wednesday, August 9 2017 @ 7:13:01 am PDT
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
P.S. The only other defensive configuration I can think of (vs. righties) is to move Montanez off center to first, Perkins and Stern in some combination of center and right field, and Navarro to left field.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I don’t like Navarro’s range for the outfield, personally.* My first suggestion would probably be to run Navarro as your DH and Cano as your 1B, and keep Navarro available as a backup 2B once Dimas breaks down. If you want to get Navarro some playing time at 1B and train him up, my thought would be to swap where Navarro and Cano are playing against either lefties or righties. It could take a couple of seasons for him to even get to lowercase that way, though.

* I have a huge ballpark and don’t like playing anyone in the outfield with a range of less than 14, and preferably higher than that in center field, so take the range snobbery with that in mind. ¬.¬;

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page