Help

Forum >> Help >> 1-run blues   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Can't figure out why my 1-run record has been so horrid since the reboot... Last year my 19-32 record got me demoted (from leading the division before the reboot). This year I'm doing well overall, but already have a 2-8 1-run record... I have a good RISP (second highest in the league), and very strong pitching. My closer has the least blown saves in the league (1), I have the lowest ERA/FIP, and lowest HR-Against in the league as well. Somehow just can't ever seem to win close games :(
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Clearly just bad team management.

Hahahaha [kidding of course]
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
How is your bullpen?

Steve
Skoormit

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Studies of MLB results have concluded that team w-l record in 1-run games is almost entirely luck. Extremely good teams will tend to have a slightly better than average 1-run record, and extremely bad teams, slightly worse. Everyone else can expect to be .500 in 1-run games, regardless if they are a .450 or .550 team overall.
Of course, that's based on MLB teams, which are all following some conventions regarding bullpen construction and usage, and are playing teams that follow the same conventions. A BBat team could see wildly different (probably worse) results if they deviate wildly from those conventions.
You are probably not deviating wildly. I would put it down to luck.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page