Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2026 Draft #3   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Round 3, and predictably, there's nothing decent left in the pool already. Two "good overall" out of the ten, one of them "never a decent hitter". The other turned out to be a 12p pitcher whose ceiling I would expect to be around an ERA of 5, at least in the upper league levels. Thank you, and good bye.
The draft gets boring very fast now.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Heh. I'm guessing there are still some decent players out there, even tho none of them appeared on Manhattan's board. :)

Dinos weren't that impressed with their slate. Think 9 of 10 had 1 comment scouting. We chose Knepper, who is our first pitcher of that potential chosen in over 2.5 seasons, and right handed to boot.

Not a superstar, but superstars are a crutch.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
For those who didn't think anyone was still out there, here's proof to refute that notion. Still, I hate the new draft. He could have just as easily been a release.
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Garbage in garbage out
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
went international, and i had to make an hard choice between 3 players:

A: 21 yo, major league fastball, stamina to be a starting pitcher, very good potential

B: 23 yo, very good hitter, decent slugger, solid in the field, good potential

C: 18 yo, good hitter, decent slugger, very good potential.

I have a lot of P in my minors, so didn't pick A. between B and C i would have taken B, but for his age i chose C.

turned out Jesus.

with less speed or less range i surely would kept him without doubt, now i have to think about it. Anyway he can be a decent Catcher.

The problem with international pool is that players are too old.

There's no way that a 22+yo guy can reach his cap, even with 21 yo there's a very small chance.

Updated Friday, February 12 2016 @ 6:01:11 am PST
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not a great slate, but I still like the new format better because it does present more options. I ended up with 3 pitchers who all have negatives and were above average at best so I looked at the hitters again. Got a really nice 3B out of Japan who could be major league ready this season. I really like my choice even if it was my second highest need (left side of the infield is weak in my minors).
xLee227

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Decent 12pt who unfortunately projected to have too much fielding to be a pure DH-type and too little range/arm to play on the field.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I had 4 "good" players. I picked a SS who had "Very good hitter". Turned out to be a POT 14 :) Although he has a bit of a noodle arm...
mcrmoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Got Villa. Wish he had a positive report on hitting, but other than that can't really complain.
mhk

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Got a 24 year old chinese SS, 97 SI
http://brokenbat.org/player/125158
No positiv report on fielding and a weak arm, so he´ll never be a starter, but might turn out to be a decent infield backup/dh.

Just noted, the guy is the best chinese infielder in broken bat, so he´ll be on the national team, I´ll keep him just for that.

Updated Friday, February 12 2016 @ 7:17:07 am PST

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page