Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2026 All Star Predictions   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
How many do you think you're getting?

I think I'm only looking at one of each, Walker at SS, and Madison, who despite not having started a game this year has the lowest qualifying ERA in the league, and at 8 wins is tied for 2nd there also.

Bender might be a wild card entry
punkska

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Bermudez seems likely? 2nd in RBIs in the league, one of my few players who plays vs both lefties and righties. Most HRs in my team and 7 game MVPs.

Uribe and Morales are possible. 5th and 7th in batting average, Uribe maybe more likely as he's 2nd in OBP and 10th in SLG. Actually, he should make it.
Morales might lose out because he played the first half of the season at C but is now only a DH. Unsure how eligibility works here but it seems logical this could be an issue.

On the pitching side: Salas and Casey lead the league in ERA and are 3rd/5th in WHIP so should make it. 4 and 5 game MVPs respectively.
Valera with 5 wins and 11 saves with only 1 loss / 4 blown saves might make it too?

Anyone else would be a surprise.
Rdub29317

Indianapolis Ducks
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
For my hitters, Hall is a guarantee. Leads the league in every offensive category except he's 2nd in OBP, where my other probable lock for an All-Star in Franzoni leads the way. I think Elliott has a really good chance as well.
In the pitching staff, because of record I think both Blackburn and Garrett will get in for me, and their ERA/FIP/WHIP numbers are helping big time too.
Overall, I'm pretty happy with a potential group of five all-stars in my first year in LL V.
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Jennings at 1B almost guaranteed, Bailey Perkens and Rivas (all 3 OF) have a shot, maybe Palacios as reserve SS.

I think also that no Roanoke pitchers will be invited this season.

Updated Wednesday, March 9 2016 @ 12:17:59 am PST
mcrmoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Im thinking 7 players...

3 pitchers: Felix - 27 saves 3.36 era, Cochran 9-1 3.19 era, and Mejia 12-1 2.56 era.

4 Players: Cardenas .370/.427/.706 22 hr 94 rbi, Otera .315/.356/.652 28 hr 94 rbi, Virgil .296/.357/.512 12 hr 60 rbi and Armstrong .304/.390/.550 14 hr 58 rbi.

Whats the stance on injured players? Martinelli is having a respectable season but is injured. Does that rule him out?

Updated Wednesday, March 9 2016 @ 12:51:20 am PST
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
We are on pace to win 130 games this year, so I wouldn't be surprised to see half of All-Star team wearing Phoenixes shirt.

For the sure things:
Merrill - league leader in almost all pitching categories, 16-0 in 18 starts with 2.99 ERA. Can't imagine anyone else starting the game.
Anderson - league leader with 26 saves (3 blown), respectable 1.58 ERA and WHIP below 1.
Menendez - should be 3rd straight All-Star appearance for the 25 year old league leader in RBIs and SLG%.

Now the maybes:
Posada and Cedillo put some respectable offensive numbers on the board, so there might be a place for them. Not too sure about Rossi, his batting average might be too low.
Our starters Mays and Watson should be on the bench, along with Merrill they make top 3 in league in wins and innings pitched, also in top 10 in ERA and WHIP.
Some remote bench chance also for O'Conell, who managed to pick up 7 wins and 5 saves in his setup role.

Also Ayers would have his 2nd appearance if it wasn't for his injury. Bad luck for our catcher.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rdub - From playing Beaverton I'd be surprised if they had only five starters. ;)

Me? No idea, this is my first season, but I have a bunch of guys in the top tens outside of stolen bases. My team total would only come 5th in the SB category because we just don't attempt many steals (36/53 success rate):-

Parisi - top ten in 6 of 8 offensive categories, 6 MVPs. He is just outside the top ten in Runs and that's probably because he bats clean-up: he's 3rd in RBI.

Dorsey - top ten in HR, RBI, SLG, OPS, plus 8 MVPs. And he's fielding .973 FWIW.

Zuniga - top ten in 6 of 8, and just outside in HR. 6 MVPs.

I have another four guys somewhere in the top ten batting stats.

Pitching:-

Andersen - tied for 1st in Wins, top ten in Ks and ERA; 9-4 record.

King - top ten only in W and ERA, but 7-0.

Schneider - 5th in saves, with a 1.40 ERA. He only became my closer after my previous closer started the year with 8 saves but 6 BS, with a 6.59 ERA, so *should* be up there.

That's six guys I have listed but I really have no idea how it works, so will wait and see.

Updated Wednesday, March 9 2016 @ 7:00:25 am PST
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Pope is the only guy on my team who I think deserves it. He has been holding down what used to to be an enormous asset for my team. In his 3rd year he is preaching the good news of strikeouts and groundouts.

Edit: Too bad he won't get it because he is a setup guy, and I will be lucky to get anyone besides MAYBE Doyle.

Updated Wednesday, March 9 2016 @ 7:39:19 am PST
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Heh, literally ALL the guys I mentioned in my post (and only them) had a spot on All-Star team. Even the injured Ayers fought through his neck strain to participate, and hit a 3 run homer. 5 of 6 pitchers were from our team.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page