Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Minor League System   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wieditor

Sunrise Octopuses
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm curious how fellow owners rate their minor league systems. List your top hitting and pitching prospect and then give an honest letter grade assessment of your entire system. Also, please feel free to provide letter grades on other owners' systems.

Top Hitting Prospect
Mariano Contreras

Top Pitching Prospect
Geraldo Reynoso

Players and Potential
Total- 22
15- 2
14- 4
13- 8
12- 8

Grade
B-
Headlined by Top 100 prospect Mariano Contreras, the Colonels have a strong nucleus of position players. Alfonso Casillas, Marco Valencia, Geert Hendriks, and Carl Farris are all 14+ potential bats, while Javier Barragan is a promising MLB-ready DH. Pitching is thin with Geraldo Reynoso's 15 potential yet to be realized. Improvements in pitching depth and development, as well as reduction of 12 potential prospects is necessary before the Colonels become a Broken Bat elite team.

Updated Monday, September 12 2016 @ 10:46:56 am PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Top Hitting Prospect
Salvador Lopez

Top Pitching Prospect
Luis Rosa

Players and Potential
Total- 23
15- 2
14- 4
13- 9
12- 8

Grade
C+

With Rosa, Schubert, Quintanilla, and Lopez all likely to come up to the majors either during or at the end of next season I will need a phenomenal 2029 class (or to actually win some jackpot waiver claims) if I am not going to have my system drop into the D+ range. There is no possible way for me to compete long term with the talent currently in my minor league system, and yet I haven't gotten anything better despite many efforts.

Updated Monday, September 12 2016 @ 11:00:54 am PDT
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Top Hitting Prospect
No true standout, probably Connelly is the best all-round hitter. Jorgensen, Sheppard and Burkhart all have some useful tools, but my best hit reports are 12 or 13 POTs while my four batter 14 POTs have no hit reports other than slugging, or not at all. They should be high BC/PD/Field guys though, which will do (unless I luck into better replacements).

Top Pitching Prospect
Darrin Baird, 15 POT, AA

Players and Potential
Total- 22
15- 1
14- 7
13- 7
12- 7

Grade
B-

Connelly is the only guy I inherited, which means I've turned over pretty much the entire system in my three seasons. Have kept 13 players (8 pitchers) from the last three drafts including this year's bumper crop of Baird, 3x 14 POT and 1x13 POT. There are nine hitters on the majors roster aged 22-26 (six of which I've brought in) so I have time to bring in/on some youngsters. Not a bad system but definitely room for improvement. Had a ton of waiver wins this year which has helped my majors roster mostly, here's hoping that continues.

Updated Monday, September 12 2016 @ 4:08:52 pm PDT
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Top Hitting Prospect- Rogelio Alonso

Top Pitching Prospect- Kraig Ruff

Players and Potential
Total- 18
16- 1
14- 7
13- 8
12- 2

Grade- A

The Snakes system is headlined by top 100 prospect Hector Gonzalez and Rogelio Alonso. The pitching is looking bright for the Snakes, headlined by Kraig Ruff. The system also has a lot of speed. Jeronimo Solano is the quickest of them all. The system has a decent balance of hitting and pitching and will be looking to get the Snakes back to Legends.

Updated Monday, September 12 2016 @ 3:24:02 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page