Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Things I should know as a firs time manager?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Lavernius_Jetto

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
won;t let me draft because I guess I have 50 players on the roster
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Sacrifice an older player and a chicken to the baseball gods! (or just cuts an old guy and pick a draftee)
Lavernius_Jetto

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
thats what im going to do.

Also, is there a way to manage our minor league GAMES or is it just through that one page? I was looking to see if I could mess with minor league rotation adn whatnot but I couldn't find it.

I'm assuming we just have that on minors page and games are played "invisibly"
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I've found it takes a chicken,moose and a mouse to appease the baseball Gods. Catching the moose is difficult
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You can't play with minor rotations or anything like that because of the way minor league games are simulated.

However, If you go to your Management tab, and then click spring training, you can set management setting for all off your players. Things like replace for defense and pinch run settings are ignored, but I set my steal to ++. That setting does get applied and its a good way to find out who in your minors can steal bases.
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
A moose! I live in Arizona how am I supposed to get a hold a freaking moose.

On topic: Yes, most of the minor league stuff (games and all that jazz) is done invisibly behind the scenes. Your part is mostly picking the right position for them to train in. Just because a HS prospect says SS doesn't mean it will be his best position in the Majors.
Lavernius_Jetto

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
okay, I re arranged some things. Moved some players from A to AA and AA to AAA.

wish I could hire a player developing manager. none to my liking that are out that I can get.

Now I guess I wait a bit and see what my players can do. hopefully I can get on some win streaks here
Lavernius_Jetto

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I want to train Pitching in my Minor League, I feel like I can groom and focus 100% on pitching and it can take me to series V with great starters and a PEN even with lacking lineup.

I want to know what are the two training things I should be focused on under the training tab?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
In general I think it is best to use no focus unless you see a specific weakness in your development. As long as you don't pick up under developed guys, you should be able to max out all your players eventually. That's the beauty of this game. You actually train the whole team, not just one position like in so many other online sports games. To start out I'd recommend using no focus until you have a better grasp on how development works.
Lavernius_Jetto

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
hmm interesting take.

thanks, just changed it to that

Updated Thursday, October 6 2016 @ 9:11:54 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page