Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Popping Potential   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
nemesis

Brooklyn Dodgers
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Have to come back to this, because Hasegawa just gained 2 SI at today's update. Has anyone seen a player pop potential and then keep on gaining SI before?

Wondering if this is a new wrinkle, or a fluke, or neither!
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I haven't seen that before. I'd place my bet on this being a new wrinkle. If that is the case, yay! Borderline guys suddenly become much more interesting if they can exceed their "potential." It also adds realism. Hopefully it won't go crazy, like someone being under-scouted by 2 overall (meaning 9+ SI) even if that happens in the real world.
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I dropped Gaytan when he was in my minors because of his lack of defense/position for my taste (he was a 15-range at the time).
Good for you, good for him, f*ck for me :)
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have Ben Brett who was a 13 POT when I drafted him, and popped to a 14 POT. However, he only gained 2 SI after popping to a 14 but still, he is (should) be my best bullpen arm by far.
nemesis

Brooklyn Dodgers
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Hasegawa keeps on keepin' on. Up to 125 SI now.

Gained a point of PD last week, point of Fielding this week (which means he's out-grown his generally-accepted expectations for a "solid" fielding report).
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Given he has blown away his expected POT, I'm not surprised to see any of his other scouting reports to be wrong. No doubt his scouting reports are pretty meaningless at this point.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Again skills, SI and potential are inexact. In the case were SI exceeds potential because of the inexactness of both, it didn't seem right to keep potential "below" SI. So in that case potential "pops".

This can happen because skills/SI are overestimated or potential is underestimated or a combination of both.

Steve
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I love this! While seemingly rare, I love the idea you can have the occasional player simply outperform expectations despite quality scouting. Good stuff.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
FYI:
Those players who "pops" in potential, are still listed by the ORIGINAL potential, when performing a search on "Free Agents" page.

Eg. Hasegawa is listed among Pot14
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Hmmmm....yes, this is something that only happens graphically.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page