Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2033 All Star predictions.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Things went well after allowing my players a shot at the ASG last year, so I'll give them a chance again.

Koch is a no-brainer with a 12-3 record and 2.24 ERA. As usual, Perez is also a lock with 22 homers and a 978 OPS. Chapa should make it also with 22 HRs and 74 RBI; he's injured, though, and I'm not sure if that's considered or not. Calvo should get the nod with an 8-2 record, 2.56 ERA and 1.145 WHIP. Finally, I think my closer will make it. He has 20 saves while only blowing one, a 2.33 ERA and completely sick 0.724 WHIP.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball

…he's injured, though, and I'm not sure if that's considered or not.

Injuries do not keep someone out of the All Star Game, no. If they earned their spot, they’ll play.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Only Sly has a real chance, my team has been playing below their usual level first half of this year.

Updated Wednesday, September 6 2017 @ 1:20:28 am PDT
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
OF Russ Wyatt is an obvious choice, considering he is the MVP front runner with a .346 avg, 16 HR, and 48 SB. Funny thing is, he started the season as a platoon bat, and now he's the team leader!

1B Matt Kirkpatrick, C Juan Pablo Berrios, and P Carlos Marroquin should make it as well. After that, we could potentially see P Steve Baughman but I doubt it. After Baughman the talent level drops off significantly. My megastar DH Luis Roldan has had an awful season, it's really disappointing, he just hasn't lived up to his build yet.

Updated Wednesday, September 6 2017 @ 8:29:55 am PDT
mjreichard

New Orleans Knights
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
My pitching is terrible, no chances there. Likely SS/RF Quintin Skinner. Potentially veteran OF's Nick Van der Bijl and Adrien Fuentes.

Updated Wednesday, September 6 2017 @ 10:24:36 am PDT
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Ortiz is a shoo-in, although he actually has more All-League awards than ASG appearances (6 to 4). But he's the only clear-cut nominee. Usually I have my doubts as to who might make it and get a few surprises, so we'll see.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, I wasn't that far off. Hitting has sucked like a Hoover, and indeed no offense made it. What was a surprise is I had two pitchers go to the ASG. (None of my pitching has made it in the past.) Though it wasn't Muir, who completely bombed his start right before the ASG. It ended up being Dougherty (a nice waiver claim) and Joshua "Outperform my FIP" Parry.

Updated Wednesday, September 6 2017 @ 2:08:24 pm PDT

Updated Wednesday, September 6 2017 @ 2:08:43 pm PDT
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
I had no one in VI.6 and it's basically Kahului vs The East.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Yep, Ortiz made it.

The surprises: Tan shouldn't qualify as a surprise given he's made every ASG since he was drafted (6-for-6, last two for me), but he had an awful start and has really turned it around.

"Tomahawk" Torres was homer-prone in the minors (MiLB career 5.50 ERA) and is currently getting over a 15-day injury, but he was the first pitcher named. That is certainly a surprise.

As was Jabba, who made his second (and first since 2029). I think he lucked into his 7-1 record and ASG award, but I'll take it.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@ESac Hooooly! You weren't kidding; Kahului had nine players play in that game. San Francisco had a bit of rep, though.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page