Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2040 Draft Round 6   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
blackfire83

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
15 POT? Niiiiice.... Aaaand he needs it because those starting stats are ROUGH. Still, I'd take him over my turd of a pick. Nice pull.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Starting stats are always low for high school players, nothing unusual about those. Its not about where you start, its how you finish. Berry will make an outstanding SS.

Got an interesting 12 POT OF. Should have high Hit and BC and would make a solid LF, just not sure if I can hang on to him.
TPS

Dallas Dragons
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Future late inning reliever
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hmmm... a 1st baseman that can't hit or a second baseman that doesn't have the range?
Either way he's a 14pot switch hitter that will likely get cut very soon.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Gah. The 0 current hitting skill hurts my eyes.

Drooling over TPS's pick. Would take that in the first round anytime. Awesome acquisition!
Jwrose

Parma Dodgers
V.10

Broken Bat Baseball
@amalaric a high school player who's stats aren't low to start ID #198343. Yes the fielding stats help,but even if they were average his stats would still be pretty good for a high schooler
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ummm that's wierd.

I am certain Watkins was a 14 pot when I drafted him.
I know I've heard of POT changing (usually up as the player maxes out SI), but has anyone seen it go down shortly after drafting?
shikago

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think one of recent draft picks had their potential drop by 2 this season, but maybe I'm wrong.

Updated Monday, April 29 2019 @ 12:06:38 am PDT
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball

I think one of recent draft picks had their potential drop by 2 this season, but maybe I'm wrong.

I think there's been a bit of pot moving around.

Mateo looked like an iffy possible future 1B as a 13 pot, as a 12, he's living out of his duffel bag.
-and then there's Arturo Tafoya -
He sure as heck wasn't a 15 pot when I insta-cut him ... then he made it through waivers unclaimed and thanks to my minor league base-running coach threatening to quit unless I gave him someone in the low minors to work with - we brought him back to see if he would run on command and what would happen if he got to play a few games.

Apparently, he is very receptive to coaching.
.362/.397/.534
+2 si / +2 pot
Maybe the scouts over-bumped him and he'll land on 14 ... but "I'm feeling much better now"
(where is that John Astin emote?)
knoxvol

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Elliot was a 13 pot when I drafted him in the 4th round. Just noticed today he has been bumped up to a 15 pot.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page