League Forum

Forum >> Leagues >> V.7   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Looks like it's time to put in the rookies as we have clinched the division win. Good run Almaric, you'll be in the running next season for sure!
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I've had my rooks in for a while now, just glad to have clinched a winning season in the end. That 21-29 start will probably give me nightmares for some time to come, but we eventually turned it around (60-46 since, which over a whole season equates to 91 wins, which would have been nice!). Not winning enough on the road in our division appears to have been our main issue, will be looking into just why before the season flip.

Oh, and congrats BW. Good luck in the playoffs! :)
mjhack

Binghamton Bobcats
VI.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats BW, not enough horses to stay with you, yet again. Good luck in playoffs and next season.
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, I was busy early this week and never put my starters back in the lineup. Oops. At least we won one of the games. On to LL IV.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Good luck up there, BW!

See you next season? One way or another... ;)
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, not expecting to be staying up there. I still don't think we are ready for LL IV.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Landed myself a 16 POT in the first round this season, stoked. Developing something of a logjam in the MI positions, but that's a very nice problem to have.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Gotten awfully quiet in here.

Had a really good start, 31-19 through the first 50 games after our terrible 21-29 start last year doomed our season before it had got going. Team is coming along now, minors better than it has ever looked, everything in place to make a run - if we can survive the injuries.

Still a long way to go and can't rule anyone out bar San Rafael and Orion, who look like falling too far behind already.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Didn't want to post while things were going well (fate tempting), but having clinched tonight I'm mighty relieved and very pleased. San Rafael and Orion have indeed bottomed-out, but there's still a lot to be decided in V7.

In the East Binghamton have a three game lead over Madison to avoid relegation, but the Mavericks have one game left tonight and then they play each other tomorrow to decide who stays up and who goes down.

Over in the West, Cedar Hill have a half game lead on Mesquite, who have the better RD. Two games back lie Beverly Hills and National City, although the fourth place Rebels have a half game in hand tonight home to last-place San Rafael, so could close the gap. To heighten the drama the last series of the season features Cedar Hill playing Beverly Hills, and Mesquite playing National City - so anything is possible tomorrow night!
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Lancers win 4-2!

We were second best to Rocklin back in 2026 (2-4), they were the better team, but we were twenty games better than Joliet in 2030 and somehow went down 1-4. So I felt we were due but for all that you still have to play the games. Feared the worst losing games two and three and being shut out for 22 consecutive innings, before scoring four over the ninth and tenth to win game four, then getting a two out, two run homer in the ninth to tie game five, and then score six in the eleventh to win. Had the lead early in game six, lost it, then got a three-run homer from my rookie catcher to take the lead and the bullpen shut it down to claim the title.

Third attempt now at IV.4, hoping to stick this time around.

Updated Thursday, October 5 2017 @ 3:31:05 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page