Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Release limit   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think we should put in a limit to how many players can be released in one day. It would give Steve a little more time to react to the latest Bilbo. As is, nothing can be done when someone dumps their whole team on the waiver wire...

EDIT: Also, maybe we need to include a message or something when people sign up regarding proper etiquette? Its possible some people just don't realize that's the wrong way to quit the game...?

Updated Wednesday, May 18 2016 @ 4:34:19 pm PDT
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It wouldn't make a difference to people with that mindset if there was some kind of notice, unfortunately. And also, what would the limit be? Sometimes you need to clean house after the season and get rid of aging players or players that are just playing like garbage.

Updated Wednesday, May 18 2016 @ 4:52:04 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, but it wouldn't kill us if we had to do that over the course of a few days. There is a good amount of dead time at the end of the season.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I can see both sides of this, but the sticking point would be what the limit would be. A look at my release history will show I've never released more than 5 players in a day (4 if you exclude my first day as Raleigh's owner when I cut the worst of the deadwood), but I also make comparatively very few moves next to most active owners.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
5 might be a reasonable limit? You still could release 15 players over a 3 day stretch, but it might give Steve time to react before those last five were dumped if someone was clear cutting a team.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I think we should put in a limit to how many players can be released in one day. It would give Steve a little more time to react to the latest Bilbo. As is, nothing can be done when someone dumps their whole team on the waiver wire...

You mean like this guy?

Haven't seen anyone post in on the forums but I have PM'd Steve. And yes, I'm one of the teams putting in a ton of claims, but I'm still calling BS.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Exactly.

But Steve asked us to PM him and not callout specific teams on the forums.

Updated Thursday, May 19 2016 @ 2:20:17 pm PDT
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey you, are you talking about me? My explanation: I sacked all those players, the pitchers weren't performing at the level the team is, and I was thinking too in a rebuild. There are only one player that was sacked and after a thought I believed that was an error but it was done, and that is Ivan Zavala. Really what I wanted to do is to dismantle my team and focus only in the new generation, all players below pot 13 from my minors were sacked too, and just because they hadn't the proper skills for the position they were.

I don't think there should be a limit to release after a team is older enough, because there are limits to how many players you must have, and if you want to sack your players, you still have to comply to a minimun players in your roster.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You released a LOT of really good young players, which is really dumb if you are rebuilding. If it was just bad management, then that's cool. But even still, would it really have made any difference if you had to do that over the course of three days instead of one? You still could have made the same dumb moves. Just might have had to sleep on the decision, which might have saved you some of those bad moves.

EDIT: The reason for limiting is not to protect older teams from making bad decisions. Its to protect the game from people like Bilbo who intentionally dismantled his team before quiting. Firing all his good players and signing POT 9s and 10s. Kind of like you did.

Updated Thursday, May 19 2016 @ 7:20:10 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page