Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Scrimmages   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
This suggestion might have been already brought up I don't know but I will present anyway.

The teams that are knocked of the cup would be able to schedule 0-3 games with any team they would want to, every Monday and Friday of the elimination rounds. I think it would give managers extra training for younger bench players, and also create matches between friends that want to play each other but aren't otherwise able to. If you'd want a day to rest your players you could as well. All the scheduling would be up to the managers.

Just throwing it out there.
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/forum/-/5/3292
Was kinda brought up in this thread previously
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, but it still gets a +1 from me, since I definitely want to see this. As for the details, I'm on board with them not being official games and therefore having no injuries or experience gained from them. Energy can be used if it is too difficult to code them not taking energy, and I guess I could live with injuries (since the games would be optional) though I'd rather not see them included in these games if possible. If injuries are included, then some experience, at the very least positional, should be included I think, even if it is half of that for cup games.

Updated Monday, July 18 2016 @ 7:55:30 pm PDT
dmcc1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
But that would be unfair on those who do not want to play friendlies.

If they are brought in they have to be without everything. No injuries, no experience, no energy loss.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I wonder if that "no energy loss, no experience, no injuries" line is why it hasn't happened. Keep in mind Steve is the only person working on this, and if the game is not designed to run without those things then we may never see scrimmages. I'm not against that line, as it would be fair, however whether it is possible or not is the only important question.
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
That's why the users challenge each other. They choose To schedule up to three games. 0-3. So you want to give your team a break don't challenge or accept any challenges.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
+ 0.5

The ability to make the choice adds a game decision which is a good thing in my mind. I don't feel strongly though, so I can't give a full +1 :p
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
How is this gonna work in real time gameing?
I mean "ok" I get to say I want to play this team for scrimmage. Does the owner or bot team have a choice in play? Will any stats count in real time? Does training even count? If this is offseason game play. I will say no training would count. Not even minors or like cup games or even spring games would count for training a player. Since the Traning 0-10 is in season only.
It would only work during the world clasic time offseason. If you want training? but to choose a team to play against any time I want then "YES" I would like this idea.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page