Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Obligatory Draft Suggestion   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jalapeno5

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Totally agree - axe the potential scores and ‘overall’ scouting reports from the game.

Maybe temper this with revealing the Arm and Range metrics at the point of selection (with scope for adjustment as is currently the case).

This facilitates drafting for position and encourages owners to make decisions based on minor league performance, starting SI and projected growth.
LeeRyan

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Axe the potential, leave the potential report.
BadgerBoy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If potential report was left, we would still draft based on that even if pot was removed. I think it is misleading and rarely correlates to what we think it should.

I believe Pot needs to be gone, along with reports of it...if you are in a MLB draft you have potential.

I too agree on the need for an Arm and Range report, this will help us draft more to our needs.

The other main ingredient to a draft overhaul is a better system of giving us choices.

Eliminate choosing HS,College...ect.

Make one pool, more developed players should be in the upper rounds while the more unknown ones should be in lower rounds.

The idea of lists created for each drafter rather than a global one is awesome, no more first come first serve.

Instead of drafting on pot, we should be drafting more on SI (the known traits of players) gambling should be left to the later rounds.

Logically no one would draft a HS P that has 17 SI in the first round...he may not be drafted at all IRL. Players have to have tangibles to be drafted and we have that in SI.

Let's fight to at least get the first stage implemented, no more Pot and give us reports on Arm,Range for NP players.

Then some computer ranking for drafts based on SI, higher SI players in the upper rounds and lower SI in the lower rounds. These are Tangibles.

Lastly figure out how to make individual drafts, so there is no early bird special going on.

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That one is easy. That was in the original post. Just make the players generated per owner per round (on demand). So the percentage of getting a good player is exactly the same for every single team.

No reason to get rid of the pools. If we are creating players dynamically per drafter, there is no shared pools. The pools (College, Highschool, etc.) would only influence the makeup of the created players.

Updated Saturday, October 27 2018 @ 12:16:58 pm PDT
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You know what? The "hide the potential but show some of the determiners at selection time" is a solution I never thought of but is instantly growing on me. I almost always draft based on potential in the draft, and I admit it get's a little boring. +1 to the conversation about hiding Potential and revealing other information. I'd like to see what others have to say about this, in conjunction with some of the other changes that have been floated in this thread.

Updated Monday, October 29 2018 @ 3:25:30 pm PDT
BadgerBoy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@admin Steve?

Can we get some input on these suggestions?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Interest ideas.

I've had several people suggest to me that they would like a system closer to what Hardwood has (you can see all the prospect and recruit accordingly). This would alleviate the issue of picking pitchers or specific position players, because you could draft to your need or desire.

What I'm not sure how to do is convert a college recruiting based system to a draft system. So each team gets some draft points...but how does this translate into draft picks. Teams can't possibly rank thousands of prospect, so how would this work?

Steve
LeeRyan

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If each team is assigned an x amount of their own unique players at the beginning of the season. Than given a certain amount of scouting points each week to uncover data (scouting reports, attrubutes, ect.) about those players. And than making informed drafting decisions based on what they learned from scouting those players. The x amount could equal 100 since that's already what we're seeing throughout a season.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Players aren't actually created until you draft them. No need to create X players at the season start. Just create prospects on the fly each round.
dlwarren1

Saginaw Crusaders
VI.23

Broken Bat Baseball
Just simply add a filter for positions where there is already a filter

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page