Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Backups   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
El jefe

Urbana Cubs
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It would be a very helpful addition if we can put guys as backups at a position even if they are already in the starting lineup. For example, if I have my backup 3B is starting in the OF and something happens to my 3B before I can switch around my lineup, it would be great if my OF then plays 3B the next game with the OF's backup then playing the OF.

Right now, I cannot set backups if someone is already in the starting lineup.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
This was suggested before, but deemed to difficult to implement. Now that Steve has implemented such a feature in HW, I wonder if he would be open to including that functionality here as well? We would just need to define a position priority list. I would vote for:

C, SS, 2B, 3B, 1B, CF, RF, LF, DH
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I wholeheartedly agree with this. This, in my opinion, is the type of “fixes” or improvements that can be made to BB that will have direct, real, positive impact on the game.

I’d love to see something like where you open a Player Card and there are checkboxes for “Positions that this player is allowed to play”. This way, we can specifically prevent players from playing defense at positions that we don’t want them to play, which happens far too often and loses games.

There could also be a checkbox for “This player can pinch hit” and “This player can pinch run” to give further control.

Ideally, I want to control which of my players can be chosen by the AI to pinch hit, pinch run, or come in to play specific positions. I should be able to control that, and it will give more owner impact and flavor to our teams and game outcomes. It also makes it so that a player on waivers who can’t hit worth a damn (think 6 hit, etc) but his fast as hell or has sick fielding, range, or arm ratings, has actual value and can be used to round out a team and add more layers of complexity to the games.

I would definitely carry a player on my majors roster with a 18 speed, 19 range, 18 arm who cant hit to save his life if I can definitively control when and how he is used, by making sure he is never a pinch hitter, but is the first choice for a late game CF substitution or pinch run appearance.

I really do think that this enhancement to BB will make for a nice improvement, and let us all feel like we’re controlling and customizing our teams and approaches more.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It makes no sense to go thru all the work for that if it isn't customizable as a setting for each owner. Every team and season is different.

While I'd like that, I'd much rather see improvements in areas we can't control. It's a hassle to go in and make changes due to injuries now, but we can do that. There are lots of things we can't control at all that I would hope would be targeted before something like this.

Edit--Wickersty, I don't think you're talking about the same thing as the original post. The replacements you're talking about are great examples of the ones I was referring to that need some attention. (You posted as I was typing.)

Updated Saturday, February 16 2019 @ 8:47:08 am PST
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Mike I was going to say I thought we were on the game page. :) Yeah, I think what I was describing would definitely be customizable per owner, per team. I don’t remember how it’s done in HW, I stopped playing there... basketball just isnt my thing.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It makes no sense to go thru all the work for that if it isn't customizable as a setting for each owner.
Of course injury replacements are customizable per team...? They are now, why would we remove that...?

That other suggestion is a completely separate suggestion, and one I agree with as well. This suggestion is more about giving people more control over how injury replacements are done. Most people playing this game aren't checking between every game. Completely different suggestions, but both valuable. No reason to poo-poo this suggestion under the false expectation it somehow bumps the other suggestion higher on Steve's todo list.

Updated Saturday, February 16 2019 @ 4:43:16 pm PST
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You said we would need to define and vote on a priority list. That's what I "poo-pooed." There's no point to creating something like that. If you read my entire post, I said I like the idea if owner's can continuously update their preferences. As I intimated, though, there are many, many things that would be more worthwhile that we can't control. Every time I see suggestions like this I will say I'm not in favor because it seems silly to me to address lesser-valued improvements. Yes, that's subjective, but I'm entitled to my opinion. Fix things that owners can't "fix." Then address things that are merely conveniences or window dressing. (I believe the same thing in Hardwood.)

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page