Off-Topic Forum

Forum >> Off Topic >> NFL Talk   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
ya, most players value the money more than their health, it looks like Calvin made the right choice
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Just 9 days to the draft!

Any predictions? I think it's almost a certainty the Rams take Jared Goff now that they have the #1 overall pick, and whether Wentz goes to Cleveland or not he's almost certainly going 2nd overall. Some debate over whether the Chargers would then take Laremy Tunsil or DeForest Buckner, but I can't see King Dunlap being an obstacle to them taking Tunsil.

Which would mean the Cowboys would have their pick of Joey Bosa or Jalen Ramsey. I'm a Giants fan so I have hopes we address LB with Myles Jack or perhaps even Darron Lee, but OT or DL wouldn't surprise me at all. Jerry Reese needs to hit every pick out of the park or he may be done at season's end.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I think its safe to assume the QBs go 1 and 2. I'm sure the Rams are locked onto one of them...I just don't know if its Goff or Wentz.

Chargers could use all the OL help they can get. But there is also a lot of talk of them talking Jalen Ramsey and Joey Bosa (or Buckner) to a lesser extent.

Steve
AD24

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Eagles traded up to the #2 pick.

1st, 3rd and 4th this year, 1st next year, 2nd 2 years from now.

I bet the Redskins feel like dopes giving up 3 1sts to get RG3.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
They must really like Wentz, considering they gave Bradford a $11M signing bonus this off-season and also gave Chase Daniel $13M over two years, when he's now going to be a 3rd-stringer. I thought they were almost certain to pick up Ezekiel Elliott, but you don't ever deal all that capital for a RB.

I know a fair number of Redskins fans who are still happy with the RG3 trade, because that rookie season was something none of them are going to forget, even if the wheels fell off since then. There's no guarantee that he's fixed yet but Hue Jackson is the kind of guy who can make it work.

I think the Titans and Browns have both done really well with their respective trades, loading up on picks both this year and next. Tennessee has Mariota to build around and I expect the Browns will draft a developmental QB, whether its Lynch, Cook, Hackenberg or someone else.
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Nice win by the Eagles today. Superior defensive performance, and Wentz continues to impress.

And did the Rams ever take to the Colts.

Very nice primetime matchup tonight between (I hate'em) Cowgirls and Giants.
cqk328

Unalaska Alaskans
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
My hometown Brownies lost a tight one to the Steelers today. For a team as young as they are, they sure played with some passion though. The defense has definitely improved from a year ago (only gave up 14 to a top 5 NFL team, as other touchdown was via a blocked punt), and the offensive line has also gotten stronger. Kizer was still sacked a lot, but that is his fault (and occasionally poor blocks by the halfbacks), not the O-Line. Still, this team definitely looks like it could win some games this year. Don't be shocked if you see the Browns sitting above .500 going into week 6. Trust me, I'm not insane...or maybe I am. But still, I'd put the Browns at either 3-2 or 4-1 after 5 games. Here's my very short assessment of those next 4 games, and why I believe they are winnable for the Browns.

Ravens are kinda tough, and this is the matchup of the four that I question the most. However, I think the fact that the Browns would have won game one had it not been for a blocked punt on their first possession, this one could start off another Cleveland winning streak (#WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWindians).

Colts have no O-line (and Luck will still be out) Considering the fact that the Rams blew them out by 37, the Browns should be able to wreak havoc in Indianapolis as well.

The Bengals put up a poor performance against the Ravens this week, potentially showing another weak season in general. I fully believe that the Bengals may be replacing the Browns as the holders of the 4th place spot in the AFC North this year, and a win in week 4 would swing the battle of Ohio in Cleveland's favor.

Last but not least, the Jets. Never a good decision when you name a former Browns starter as your #1 QB. This team has been struggling for a while, and they will continue this season as one of the worst teams in the NFL. If they aren't careful, the Browns might put up 30 on them. And we are not high scoring, I'll tell you that much.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
The Los Angeles Chargers take on Denver tonight on MNF. Not sure if San Diego is cheering for or against them...

Steve
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think anyone is cheering on the Chargers: if you can't fill a 30,000 seat stadium, you're in trouble (and screw Dean Spanos anyway, even though I'm not a Chargers fan).

For that matter the NFL is in a real mess in California. The Chargers, Rams and 49ers have all screwed over their fan bases and now can't give away tickets, which means the best-supported NFL team in the state is the Raiders...who will leave for Vegas. Shambles.

I'm a longtime Giants fan, and this is without question the worst offensive line we've had. Why Erik Flowers is still on the team, let alone still starting, is a mystery to all. On the bright side, I am crossing The Pond to see them play the Redskins at Met Life on Hogmanay, fulfilling a life's ambition. :)
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah...Flowers had a tough night against the Lions on MNF.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page