Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> 1 year limits   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Probably to soon to suggest something like this, but it might be worth reducing the 1 year limits for changing things like logos, stadium names, and nicknames. Seems to me like once someone has played 3 full seasons they should be trustworthy. That would be closer to 8 months realtime right?

3 seasons is also soon enough that people might be more inclined to change their team name to take advantage of that capability.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I don't necessarily disagree...on some of these new features, I wanted to test with a smaller subset of users (make sure it's working).

Not sure...we don't really have supporters (being free), but I thought it would be nice to reward loyalty a bit too.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Steve
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I feel rewarded. ;-)
But I'd also like to see more of the creative new logos.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Three full seasons sounds great to me...entering my third full season. :)

I love the new logos and am really looking forward to having my own, but under the current rules (which are understandable) I'd be waiting another six months, which seems like aeons away.
BadgerBoy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Seeing as how I'm entering my 5th season I feel like Im here to stay, If someone has played 3 seems to me they are a veteran of the game.

I would like to see the 1yr reduced, but I may be biased.

newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've always been terrible at art, so I'm completely indifferent. I think the logos Steve provided are really good generally, but after 3 seasons it seems like most players are pretty much hooked so whether the reward is at the end of season 3 or one year matters little beyond making people wait longer.

Edit: I think the biggest challenge with making it based on seasons would be the cut off date. What happens if someone joins on any given day prior to or during a season?

Updated Wednesday, July 13 2016 @ 7:02:33 am PDT
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
"I think the biggest challenge with making it based on seasons would be the cut off date. What happens if someone joins on any given day prior to or during a season?"

Team name can be changed at any time (unlike team location, which can be changed in offseason only), so we can rephrase a "3 season period" to "225 days", which is roughly 3 seasons.

140 days less to wait for a logo, custom nicknames and ballpark when you are commited to the game already? I'd be pretty happy about it being in that spot ;)

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page