Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Martinelli to Raleigh and Santa Cruz to Novi... :(
Sneaky-Day

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I wonder if it's worth to keep him at all. He has a very nice fastball, decent movement, but very bad control. In three major league seasons he's played in, he has 173 K's and 127 BB's with only five control.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
@sneaky

Without looking at your specific situation too deeply, I would say yes. He should make an interesting 4th or 5th starter, especially in LL VI. He certainly could eat innings and might bring in a few wins. I like him as a starter but not a reliever though.
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@sneaky

I actually have a guy like that that I use as a long reliever to mop up if a starter gets shelled. He's been fantastic at eating innings and giving me a chance to comeback and win.
Sneaky-Day

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Interesting, I'll see where I'll play him once he's recommended to pitch in the majors. Thanks for the help Tiger and Occham.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Need a cut. Anybody care to offer an outside opinion?
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Haselrig: Roy Stevenson stands out as questionable. Above average HR/9, straight arrow fastball, lefty who isn't clearly (yet) at least OK vs. righties, iffy GB/FB... I think your guy Leon Wade in AA, who is similar, deserves more of a chance than Stevenson.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Wright. :D Because I want him.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Newt :)

I see your points on Stevenson, lostraven. I've had more success with hard throwers than most in the game, I think. I tend to value them a bit more. Stevenson could be a really effective one-batter LHS once I go through the pain of developing him in the majors. Return on investment will be iffy with him, but he could be a very valuable part of an ensemble effort out of the bullpen.

In the end, I landed on my first rounder from this season, De Leon. He didn't get anything out of the mega training update and this week he lost a point of BC.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
And I'm particularly harsh on LOOGYs. But you're in Legends and have obviously made those types work. :) To each their own! Glad you figured something out.

Updated Saturday, October 28 2017 @ 7:41:55 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page