Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2037 Cup Thread   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jaybrams

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Using AssumedPseudonyms "OGAR / T-OAR" method, i *should* be able to get out of group play.

OGAR = Overall Group Average Rating
T-OAR = Team - Minus the Overall Group Average Rating. (higher the "easier" road your team has).

Group 105's OGAR = 70.61
T-OGAR for the Mustangs = 36.06.

Only 1 team has a higher Rating than mine, all the rest are significantly lower than me. So we'll see.

Updated Sunday, July 22 2018 @ 4:37:26 pm PDT
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You didn't have to call me a loser. A significant loser, at that!

Updated Sunday, July 22 2018 @ 3:32:22 pm PDT
Jaybrams

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Lol - quite the typo

I was like "what? i didn't call anyone a loser?!"... and yet, i did. My bad... :)

dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Just because the average SI of my entire pitching staff is lower than their average age doesn't mean that I'm a loser... wait, never mind. lmao
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 …I had completely forgotten the OGAR/T-OAR thing I did last season. I actually had to go look it up to see what it was. In doing so, I saw that I said I would do a spreadsheet of the Cup Groups. Which means that I sorta had to do it. …Which means that I had to figure out how to do it.

So I did it.

I spent about two hours ineffectually poking at LibreOffice last night to try and figure out what to do, and had a completely random eureka moment that woke me up from a sound sleep at around 3:30 in the morning. The fact that it actually worked is a miracle rivaled only by the fact that I still remembered it when I got out of bed this morning.

The spreadsheet itself is a horrible mess because I basically just kinda threw massive slabs of copypasta on it, deleted the unnecessary columns, and put together functions (with no small amount of trial-and-error) until I had something that worked. I’m not going to upload the resulting spreadsheet; it’s poorly formatted and sort of fragile. Instead, with the help of HTML skills that are outdated by approximately two decades but generally still usable-ish, I put together a page that will at least let you use your browser to find your team and see how your group looks up.

Go see it here.

EDIT: I had T-OAR figured wrong. It’s supposed to be the team’s rating minus the average of every other team in group; I had it as the team’s rating minus the overall average. Also, Groups 86 through 89 had grouping issues from where I was doing some manual formatting. That’s all fixed now.

Updated Monday, July 23 2018 @ 8:44:07 am PDT
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So Group 119 is the BB equivalent of what World Cup fans know as the Group of Death. Three top 25 ranked teams, including #1 overall.
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Love this, but I'm swapped with Binghamton for some reason.

EDIT: Looked closer. Binghamton and I have the exact same rating, so it doesn't affect anything.

Updated Monday, July 23 2018 @ 8:29:33 am PDT
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Yeah, this was a very quick-n’-dirty thing, so there are bound to be a few oddball edge cases like that.
tamale

Concord Jets
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Nice work! We have the legendary Novi Doubledays and a bunch of other L6 teams. So maybe an outside chance at 2nd place?
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
LOL, just noticed I have a division rival in my Cup group! That's gonna be interesting.
Jaybrams

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Good stuff! 119 is crazy.
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
@Almaric, this'll be the second time this has happened to me. Over a decade of seasons ago I was in the same division and cup group as the Jacksonville Jaguars. We ended up playing seven games in a row with each other, due to having our cup series and one of our league series back to back.

It won't quite work that way with us. But we'll play 8 games with each other in 11.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
We've given up 7 hits and 4 runs in 2 games! And are 0-2. Wow. My young guys can't hit.

It has been almost two months since I cared and read a game summary. I had almost forgotten how much I hate the station-to-station AI. It's so bad.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Condors splits Bobcats. #111CUP manger Rodgers says young stars 2B/SS could lead in double play's.
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Hydrogen versus Mercury. Love it! Makes a great newspaper headline.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
While the Hydrogen rise to the top, but the Mercury are a good barometer for the game. Tough call...

On my team, went 18-2 in the weakest cup group I've ever played in. Now the KO stages where my team, even when it is good, tends to under-perform.

Updated Wednesday, August 22 2018 @ 10:08:31 am PDT
12twelve

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
For the first time, I've made it out of the first round of the Cup, only to match up with the Yuma Foxes from LL II. No favors for the Bikers.

My roster is finally starting to fill with the prospects I've been developing since I began my rebuild, and I'm hoping it will lead to the end my yo-yo between LLVI and LLV, and make a run up the ranks in the coming seasons.

The series against the Foxes will be a good barometer of my development. I'm excited to be in the second round! Good luck Foxes!
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
It looks like my team will be playing Fort Wayne 12/13 times this season.
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
2036 Cup Runner-Up Denver Broncos advances from group play with a sparkling 18-2 record to face famous Yuba City.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Well... a lackluster 2 game sweep kicks me out of the first round of Matchup play, but it was against a much higher ranked team, and I guess I should be happy to have made it into Matchup play for the second season in a row. Good luck in the rest of the Cup, all!
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Probably shouldn't have won game 2 or 3 but we do and beat Birmingham! Advance to play a bot team that upset Raleigh!

Updated Friday, August 24 2018 @ 4:59:50 pm PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, I got beaten to the punch, but yep, my team lost in the first KO stage. I knew winning 18 games in the group stage was a bad sign given how inconsistent my offense is this season. Good luck all, see ya next cup season.
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
After playing RDaileys's Mercury, the Hydrogen play Mike's Margate Magicians. I don't remember ever playing Margate, though we've both been around for quite while now.

Looking forward to it.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If my pitching staff throws like they did in League today, it won't be much of a series. We gave up 53 runs. Hopefully we can figure things out a bit and make it interesting. Good luck!
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks, Good luck to you as well!
Meyrian

Littleton Genesiz
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Broken Bat Cup presents

THE DERBY OF COLORADO

Denver Broncos (IV.2) @ Littleton Cthulhu (IV.8)
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Ten miles separates the two cities. Let's have it!
cqk328

Unalaska Alaskans
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
After a long hiatus from the game, I've come back to manage a new team here in Champaign. I was glad to see that we are still in the cup...but we will have a fairly tough matchup today against the #6 ranked Edmond Bulldogs. Best of luck to everyone today; hopefully the Aztecs can pull off the upset!
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
When you're missing two of your top four starting pitchers (28 and 12 game injuries), your closer (12 games), your shortstop (3 games) and your center fielder (11 games)...you're not going to win many games (and that excludes the 6 game injury that just ended to my hottest hitter). We actually scored 21 runs against a LLVI team, but pitching and defence was a mess. I'm now glad the cup is over for us this season, means my players will get a chance to rest up and not get even more injuries.
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
"Littleton Leaves No Doubt, Lands Cup Series Win, Defeats Noisy Neighbor Denver"
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Harrisonburg makes it to the fifth round for the first time in franchise history.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Condors go further than ever! -Harrisonburg VS Colorado Springs-

Updated Monday, September 3 2018 @ 5:30:43 pm PDT
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes Sir, Best of luck!
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats @Phillies!
cqk328

Unalaska Alaskans
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
This year also marks the farthest cup run in Champaign history. (Can't take all of the credit, since I picked up the team mid-run, but hey, good run nonetheless.)
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks @wickersty. It'll be a good matchup between Colorado Springs and Harrisonburg.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Congratulations to Tiger for making the Cup Final. I'm going to be very biased in my rooting interest in that series...

Go, Kalamazoo!
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats to the Bloodies!
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks PSF and Mike and everyone who sent me a pm!

That is one tough title to win. You literally cannot have a subpar series once you hit elims.

I'm as surprised as anyone that we didnt falter somewhere along the way.
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Congratulations Tiger! Well deserved to say the least.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats Tiger! Sometimes its your year. ;)

Previous Page | Show Page |