Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2037 Draft (Round 2)   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Oooooh, Shiny!

Build could be better, but it's a 15-pot pitcher...what am I going to complain about?
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
12-pot catcher. Honestly, I really don't care if he maxes out his hitting. that arm. Though that doesn't stop a very small part of me from hoping the SI he's not putting into fielding will find somewhere offensive to go...
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This years draft is not being kind to me. All duds this round with the only good pot being a P with pop fastball and this guy
With the lack of control, he'll last just long enough to be replaced by a free agent pickup.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
One gem (and only one), a very good with a good report...which makes a 13 POT 1B somewhat underwhelming. Still decent though.
repoman

Ithaca Indians
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Started the first iteration of 2035 with POTs of 14-15-13, all very good HS prospects. But after the reset and across two teams to now, nothing but bums or above average guys - like today's 12 pot P.

Had one 'very good' - "really quick, atrocious fielder". So unless he was a 15 POT C with great on-base skills, someone to avoid. Will be keeping a lookout for him!
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
At least you got someone worth keeping. Round 2 was a total waste of time and Round 1 got me a POT12 with outfielders defense and not enough SI to round out his hitting comment with decent PD or BC, so I doubt hell hang around in my minors that long.

Updated Friday, August 3 2018 @ 7:54:41 am PDT
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Limon will be a very good player in the future. He's the first 15 POT I got since I drafted Rogelio Alonso in 2028 and Alonso was a 16 POT player.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Laredo welcomes the future of the franchise:
Super-duper Jerry Owen

First pot16 in the history of Laredo, will play SS of course.
(although, I'm left to wonder where are allocated all those points? Being that speed, range and arm are at 16?)

I never post on this thread to brag or to complain.
Neither I do today:I wish to make a point rather.

I used to go Asian over the past seasons because of the obvious advantage of the ready-made players.
It paid HUGE dividends:
Kim, KO leader in Legends
Aoyama, 5th best in OPS (albeit he missed the AB minimum due to left handedness)
Park, pot12 1b, second best hitter on the team and Legends' All-star selection

But today, after reading in the forum that _everyone_ goes Asian, I chose the old good High School.... Wow!
:)
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I took the same approach as you Franke, for the same reasons/with the same thinking, but I only got turds.

Updated Friday, August 3 2018 @ 7:57:57 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Another bum. 0 "Very Good" options again. 0 total acquisitions (draft, waiver, FA) so far this year.
StretchDynamo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Finally got a very good potential pitcher. He's super underdeveloped but with my stacked pitching rotation at the moment I dont mind taking on a project with a decent potential and make-up.
Breestis

Lenexa Titans
VI.10

Broken Bat Baseball
Very nice pick Franke. You're going to have everyone starting in High School now. :-D

With only 6 in the minors, I'm quite happy to be able to find a pitcher worth grabbing.
Demassa

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Had a tough(?) choice between 2 VG pots.

The pitcher was a 17 year old righty scouted with only.... He can have a major league fastball. He will be able to throw all day. He has very good overall potential.

The other was an OF scouted as... He can be a very good hitter. He can develop into a prolific slugger. He can be solid in the field. He has very good overall potential.

Though I wanted the pitcher, I was worried about his lack of positive reports compared to the hitter.

Sound thinking or should I have gone pitcher anyway since good ones are hard to come by?
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I was pretty bummed when I read the scouting reports on my choices. None said very good and only a couple said good. I mumbled to myself and picked one of the good overall potential guys. I was smiling when that good potential pick came up as a 14 pot!
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
I went Latin and got only crapy to mediocre options. Then i see someone else got pot-15 from Latin?

Is it possibe that timing is a factor, like you get better draft picks if you there early in the friday when the draft opens?
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
I went Latin and got only crapy to mediocre options. Then i see someone else got pot-15 from Latin?

Is it possibe that timing is a factor, like you get better draft picks if you there early in the friday when the draft opens?
dlwarren1

Saginaw Crusaders
VI.23

Broken Bat Baseball
I had the same exact choices and got an 11
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I pulled a pot12 Lhp with an unhittable fastball/major league curveball limited to a few innings. Won’t complain I guess. Allowed me to upgrade a pitcher,but I realky need more position players;I honestly have enough pitching for a few seasons
Rome

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/181941

Will he be a good option as a future DH or is the pot too low?

Updated Friday, August 3 2018 @ 2:47:48 pm PDT
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rome, he'll be a good DH. He'll have a lot of points in his hitting skills, which is good for a player with his build.
g10rsh

Champaign Suzumebachi
VI.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Yea he's a gem, maybe around 17/12/12/18 probably more of a power hitter than a contact hitter but that will depend on how the bc/pd spread goes
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Log in late today. 14pot pitcher. He was the first ever pot14 pitcher in teams history.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow. Lots of killer picks this week. I did something very unlike me this time by picking a Good potential guy over a VG who had the dreaded never be a decent hitter tag. What I got was a low-grade potential 3B. He's probably going to have to approach 110 SI to have enough offense, but he's better than an immediate C&R. I don't think I've ever had a player from Aruba before, so there's that, too.

Updated Friday, August 3 2018 @ 7:37:17 pm PDT
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There are days when you could just kick yourself in the butt. My choices (going college, looking mostly for pitching) were overall uninspiring. The only very good pitcher came with a control red flag, so I decided for the only "very good" position player, a lefty OF. Apparently, I slipped a row, though, and clicked on the player next to him... http://brokenbat.org/player/181677
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/182061

Not bad, but not exactly what I hoped for in the second round.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I've had a crap draft this year, guess it makes up for my decent one last year.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
@Demassa - Unless you kept details of the pitcher (name, age, handedness) it'll be difficult to know what he turned out like. As is you landed a really nice batting/fielding prospect: he can hit, and hit for power, and you can play him anywhere - I'd choose 3B or SS personally, where Arm counts.
Demassa

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yea. I wish I would have thought to jot down the kid's name to find out how he turned out.

I was just curious if people would have been more likely to pick the pitcher just based on the scouting reports.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I would have gone with the OF, I don't like that pitcher's scouting report at all.

BTW, that OF should probably be converted into some sort of infielder given his defensive skills.
Demassa

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Rock and Amalric. I have started training him in the infield.

I hadn't thought about 3rd. I was going to train him at 2nd since I'm training this kid at Short.

But, I do have a weak-armed guy I'm training at second. Will he have a good enough arm to be an everyday player, so I can train Keen at Third?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Go for it. His arm will be better used at 3B.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Yup. Razo at 2B (Arm isn't as important at 2B, Fielding & Range are key), Keen at 3B and John at SS looks like an outstanding infield. Get some power bats and pitching (you may have already, I didn't look) and you'll go places.
Demassa

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
cool. thanks for the info guys.

Hopefully I can find the rest of the pieces to finally get out of LL VI.

Previous Page | Show Page |