League Forum

Forum >> Leagues >> League V.1   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
well i figured id start up a topic for our new league, how you looking for this season mcgriff?
FMcgriff1b

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, after scouting out the teams I think I will beat the braves. I have a shot for fourth but that's about it. I dropped a bunch of players so that I could take advantage of the free agents. However, before I could sign any (I made 28 waiver claims and didn't get a single one) the season started going so my cup hopes are already out and I'm 4-5 and -26 to start the season. My fans are not happy obviously and my average attendance is down from 51 thousand last year to 25 thousand this year. I thought moving up a division would garner more fan support but it seems about the same as division 6. If I was a bad team in division 6 I feel my attendance would be about the same. However, I have for the first time some players coming up from the minors. They have some improving to do which won't help my team right now but in the future looks pretty good with a few of them. I drafted a solid pitcher but I won't have him for 4 more seasons. I finally got my first waiver claim player and I'm quite excited for him as he's probably my #1 pitcher right now. It looks like I'll be finishing either 4th or 5th and taking a big hit financially. I do like a challenge though so I'm excited for the season.

Updated Tuesday, October 1 2013 @ 9:23:56 pm PDT
FMcgriff1b

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well I'm pleased the season started up again. You're team is killing it right now! Mine is keeping it's head above water. I've been blown out a lot already this season. I improved my pitching staff this year but my team era is 6. I'm hoping their stats will even out. I like div. 5 so far. It's much more competitive.
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
sorry ive been ral busy with rl stuff as of late, havent had much time to pay attention to bb, my team is doing alright, ive been running a cpl rookies that id like to see get better, they havent been doing too well, but the rest of my lineeups been picking it up for them. my stats vs LHP have been horrid, but we have been great against rightys this season. my pitching staff has been sub-par so far, id likee to see them tighten things up, losing alot of games i shouldnt be because of my BP, same as last year i suppose, but this year its worse i think. all in all i was hoping to land 3rd or 4th place but my offense has been pretty good so i might take 1st or 2nd. we have been pretty horrble in cup play so far too, dont see myself making it out of the pool stage on that. just hoping a cpl of my rookies are ready to play this season so i can start moving my 23-24 y/os into the lineup before i get rid of my 29-30 year olds next season. i need to find pitching help badly, ive got all great potetnial young pitchers but they all have horrible si and dont seem to improve much week to week even though i run all pitching training
itll be interesting next season for me as most of my staff will be into there 30s and declining
FMcgriff1b

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I just noticed the entire league is out of th cup. I'm surprised our league is out so early. Inter league play begins and I'll be playing you soon. Hopefully I fair better than the last time we faced each other.(in the playoffs)
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
well im 2-13 over my last 15 games...apparantly my rookis are having trouble, and my pitching is getting lit up after a hot 22-4 start im 26-24 UGH
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
well apparantly were going to continue our losing streak, as i have now fallen under 500. 32-33.
i dont know whats going on at this point, my fans are leaving in droves and calling for my head!
FMcgriff1b

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Things are beginning to shape out how I expected in my division with the Spartans running away with it and Empire falls in second. The rest of my division is fairly close. In your division everyone are contending for first. You're only 5 games back so let's hope your cold streak ends. You're like me in that you're fielding quite a few rookies. I have one who can't hit at all but he has good potential so as long as I keep above demotion he'll see some playing time.
Achates1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Most of my players are originals from when I took over. I have added a few free agent pitchers. They are all just peaking at the same time. Not sure what I will do in a couple game years.
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
yeah i got a few rookies coking up, hopefully another cpl before the end of the season, im just trying to avoid relegation. but i will continue to play my rookies so they get better, but most of my rookies are having trouble hitting the ball, and my pitching isnt getting any younger. we will see!
yeah arkham your running away with your divison at this point
FMcgriff1b

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Achates1 I wouldn't be overly worried since you still have Wade. That guy could carry any team on his back. This year he is leading the league in Average, Slg, Obp, OPS, Home Runs, tied for first in runs, and second in RBI's. I know he's 31 but with an SI of 118 I think he has quite a few more productive years left. I'll be interested to see if he wins the triple crown.
Aurora is tied with three other teams for second which is also interesting to watch. I'll take a little credit as I swept the team ahead of you in a five game series. My team is on a tear of late. I of course can't keep up that kind of production so I just hope my luck doesn't turn too much the other direction and I go into a slump.
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
ouch man 3-12 streak again, my pitching is getting lit up.
FMcgriff1b

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You may be losing but you're still in second in your division. Inter league play was rough on your whole division.
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
it is a tight race in my division thats for sure
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
im just trying to avoid relegation...
ill have 6 pitchers 30 or older next year, and they arent very good to begin with getting rocked this year. i have a few young guys, but nothing too amazing that i have seen yet im going to have to find myself some replacements. i have not had much luck with pitching. i have had my training on pitchers since they day i started and i have more weeks like this week 10+ hitters trained, 2 pitchers trained than i can count.

so i hope theres a semi devent pitcher or 4 on the waiver wire next season or i might be crap next season.
FMcgriff1b

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You'd have to Los York last three and the team below you would havetowin the last three games for you to demote. So I think you're safe. After sweeping the Spartans I'vetaken second. I 'm only a Half a game out of first. I've got a shot! Honestly I thought our roles would be reversed this year.I think you'll be able to find some pitching. My top two starters this year were free agent signings towards the beginning of the year. I had to make claims on a ton of guys though.
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
your team had a real good year !
FMcgriff1b

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Excited for the new season to start. The offseason was not kind to my older players and I was unable to get any major free agent pick ups. I'll be on the lookout for pitching this year. Hopefully, Harvey will turn it around this year. I noticed The Rome team dropped some high quality pitchers. Probably going for youth but now I think the Spartans are my biggest competitors. Well, good luck this season. Lugo was able to beat Wade in rbi's and denied him the triple crown. I think he might do it this season.
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i am going young this season and it will probabley lead to the basement. but it needs to happen i am deffinatly targeting pitching, im hoping the new training will help my youngsters get over that hump to the big leagues!
could be an interesting season if a couple of players step it up but i dont expect anything amazing from my team this year..
FMcgriff1b

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Marrero from my team just hit for the cycle. The first I've seen in our league.
FMcgriff1b

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Another amazing feat by one of my players. Last years rookie of the year Sun just had 6 errors in a single game............ Lost that game but can't complain. My team is performing well so far.
FMcgriff1b

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Tetrahydroc good luck in the cup. You're the last one in from our division.

Updated Friday, January 17 2014 @ 12:03:46 am PST
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
well another season down, i was alot busier this season than last didnt make it on much at all, how did you do fred?
FMcgriff1b

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well I had the best record and run differential in team history so I was pleased with the results despite coming in second. I had my first Cy Young award winner and the pitching rookie of the year. I'm excited for the season. I've come extremely close to promoting the past two seasons and I think my team could compete in div. IV.
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
nice, my team is sub par so far, few of my young guys are seeming to struggle, and my pitching staff is still hurting pretty bad, real close to pulling up two youngsters though!
replaced my long-term catcher with a rookie this season, hes having a rough go to start, but im just gonna let him keep taking his hacks, hopefully he figures out how to hit soon enough.
i need my youngsters to really take a step this season if i want to compete it seems
BeeanTVbean81

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
tetrahydroc,my team beat you in the season series 7-3.
FMcgriff1b

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah Aurora has been taking a beating of late as the Cubs swept the five game series. They were in first but an 11 game losing skid and now they're 7 games back. I'm sad to see it as I was hoping to get a rematch for the championship and promote together again. (Although obviously my spot in first isn't assured by any means) It's weird how div. VI.I has now taken over div. V.I as the top four teams were the top four teams in div.VI.I West at the end of the 2012 season. Hawks being first that year with an amazing 114 win season.
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
14 game skid.....3-23 over my last 26 games...i dont know what happened my team was chugging along and boom we imploded somehow....i was surprised at us doing as well as we were, but i didnt expect to lose 23 out of 26 my youngsters are coming along though, maybe we can pull out of it but i dont see us promoting together again fred, would have been cool though!
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
well i called up my stud 2b, my future #1, #2 SP and a pitcher that may crack the rotation, or he may end up a bullpen guy i havent fully decided yet. ALong with a decent young OF, im gonna see how they do, im 10 games out of 1st and itll be a hard climb back up

some bad points of my season
ROTY last season Ramiro Barron, looked to improve on his rookie campaign that saw him hit .360 vs LHP.

unfortunately Barron has had a sophmore slump with a slash line that looks like this
.204 .248.374 .622
compared to his rookie slash line of
.253 .300 .404 .704

lets see if he can turn it around the final month of the season the positives are, he has one more HR and 14 more RBI with 36 less GP then last season

OF Charlie Morrow has been a real let down this season, after a solid 2015, Morrow looked to be a long term solution at CF for me
His average was down in 2016, but his SLG, OPS,OBP,HR,BB were all up. SO while he didnt impress he didnt unimpress either.
so enter 2017, and hes down from a .756 OPS to a .636 his average, obp and slugging are all down,
luckily we have some young OF coming up through the system that were going to press him for his job anyways, but this makes it much easier to decide haha

FMcgriff1b

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I checked out Morrow and he could be a decent player if he was still getting 45+ outfield assists every year. However, I think they fixed outfield assists and reduced the number of them so his 9 hitting makes him a big question mark. Also Barron has 10 hitting and PD at 26 so again it's hard to start him when you can get an older 32-25 16 hitting, 16 plate discipline guy as a free agent fairly easily.

Myself, I've been really lucky with my young guys as Lane and Wall are good this year and still improving a little so they might make the roster. Giordano is an amazing 22 year old pitcher who should win rookie of the year IMO. Gonzalez has potential except for his defense but his speed is great. Mantle is in the same situation. Rosales is my only middle infielder with good defense. Luckily he's a gold gloving SS which really helps my pitching. Also no sophomore slump for Stark as he's unreal good after his rookie of the year last year. Harvey who did have a sophomore slump is not slumping this year. He is having, probably, the best season in my teams history.

Overall, most of my team performed really well other than Lugo. I just swept the Spartans and now have a 12 game lead with 19 games to go. I'm going to try and get some of my younger players more experience as I think I've got the division.
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
yeah, morrow was always more of a means to an end while i wait to bring up some of the batters in my minors, but im going to have to choose between average hitting and elite field or great hitting and bad fielding it seems as thats kind of the way my players seem to be progressing. im only 5 1/2 games out, called up a couple young pitchers, my future ace of staff Zanetti has looked real sharp, and Strout who could push zanetti for #1 had two real good outings then got beat up a little in his last outing, but still has performed well.
I also brough up my future 2B in Mariani, i drafted Mariani my first season and have been waiting for him to come up ever since, hes looking like he will be a beast though. i still have a small chance at the division, i dunno if we will make it though, im more focused on getting my young guys some expierence, hopefully go into next season with some new faces and a better outlook.
im trying to build through my minors mainly, not too big on bringing in 29-32 y/o players for one or two years, id rather develop a nice core and ride them to the top, proving to take awhile though. i still am not a big fan of the training here but oh well.
BeeanTVbean81

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My team lost to the former worst team in the division,the Hampton Eagles.This has been a great season for you FMcgriff1b.

Updated Sunday, May 4 2014 @ 6:13:59 pm PDT
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
congrats to you on the title fred, good luck in the higher division, hopefully ill see ya next season
BeeanTVbean81

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My team has lost 6 straight and they're at risk of losing 1st place to Cherry Hill.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
A four game split with last place Edmond. Sometimes this game gives me a headache. I'm winning series against the teams ahead of me, and stumbling against the last place team.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Finally getting promoted after 4 seasons here in V.1. Only regret is that there were no other regular forum posters in the league to banter with during my time here. Hopefully IV.1 will have a few more talkative people.
wiznoo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Absolutely crazy how a whole team's form can turn 180 degrees. Couldn't pitch or hit for a few days at all, now suddenly it all clicks.
wiznoo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Funny how firing the manager suddenly reminds the pitchers how to pitch. Crazy!
knoxvol

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hello LL V :( Franchise's first ever season in V.1, first in LL V since 2027 season.

Previous Page | Show Page |