Baseball Forum

Forum >> Baseball >> 2016 MLB Season   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Going in to this season, the D-Backs had high expectations and they haven't lived up to those expectations. So far, they are 2-4 and Zack Greinke is 0-2 with a 9.90 ERA.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Small Sample Size song, credit goes to Seca for pointing me to this originally.
cqk328

Unalaska Alaskans
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
Hmm...looks like there hasn't been much talk about the season so let me try to jump start it. How about them Indians? I mean, I know they've strung together a decent run of .500+ seasons, but I was not expecting my home team to be in control of the central, especially at this point in the season. Lindor has shown that he isn't a fluke, Kipnis is actually hitting for average (and what do you know, his power numbers got better too!), Napoli is doing much better than I expected, Chisenhall isn't being streaky like he normally is, Ramirez is looking solid, Naquin is an ROTY candidate (although I'm worried he could be taking some PEDs...14 HR in a few months when he only had one 10 HR season in his entire minor league career? Hopefully it's just pitchers not knowing what to do with him yet...), and Brantley...well, he's out for the year. And honestly, that might not be such a bad thing. Only thing that would have been better for the club is if we would have been realistic and told Lucroy he could start behind the plate next year bc WE NEED A CATCHER THAT CAN HIT. Anyway, if Cleveland could take titles in 2 different sports that would be amazing, but let's just get to October first.
Alpo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Reds are going to come close to setting the team record for most home runs allowed in a season (251). They have allowed 194 this year so far with 40 games to go.
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My Brewers worse then the Reds for like the first time all season just like my broken bat team lol.

Updated Tuesday, August 23 2016 @ 8:56:07 pm PDT
Alpo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Brewers have actually had a better record than the Reds for a while this season.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
C'mon, Alpo! Our home team is looking a lot better since the break. Votto is hitting like .470 and B. Hamilton is looking like a major leaguer.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
There are a few pundits in Toronto that have been pushing to acquire Votto.

Makes some sense. Tho that would mean putting Bautisita back in the OF, which isn't a positive.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
It's been reported there was an inquiry last season, but never got off the ground. There's always been rumors bc Joey is a native of Toronto.

Votto is the best hitter of his generation. I read this week his OBP and OPS is only matched by Ted Williams and one other (can't remember) since the dead ball era (1920). He would be a bigger star if the Reds had won something, but he's also a pretty private guy, which is why he loves it here. He seems to shun the bright lights.
Alpo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I was wrong in my earlier post, as the record was 240 (I said it was 251) but the Reds broke it... batting isn't actually too bad in this second half, but our pitching has not been good at all. Hopefully some of our pitching prospects turn into franchise players
GrizzlyDan

Atlanta Braves
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I just had to put in a word for the spoilerific Atlanta Braves. If they were a BB team right now, they would have a core of young 14-15 POT's in their mid 20's, and a mess of high-POT pitchers coming up hard in the minors. They just swept a team that is trying to make the playoffs, and OMG Inciarte. They may be somewhat dangerous next year. Thanks, D-Backs!
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Like that!

Steve
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Go "Braves" in new field next year +1 they have the best minors in baseball coming up thru the farm gonna be better than cubs for sure.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@GrizzlyDan, you're very welcome lol.

I don't like the D-Backs front office. Why did they need Shelby Miller? He's just horrible this year. And signing Greinke for seven years? I can't fathom the GM.
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That's just the tip of the iceberg that is the junkfest of the Diamondbacks.

Sigh.....
cqk328

Unalaska Alaskans
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, the MLB regular season has officially wrapped up. Luckily for my hometown Indians, the Red Sox faltered twice against the Blue Jays, so we get the home field advantage for our series starting Thursday. However, it will definitely be a challenge to beat Boston, and having to go through them and (likely) Texas to get to the World Series would be very impressive (especially without Carrasco). As for the National League, given that San Francisco struggled a lot after the All Star break, I'd say that the Mets will probably best them in that wild card game. The Nationals will likely falter, although they may sneak by the Dodgers if Kershaw puts up his typical playoff numbers. If my wild card prediction goes as planned, Cubs vs Mets could be an interesting series. The Cubs have been hot all year, but since '95 only 19% of teams with the best league record have gone on to win it all. The Mets have experience going from the Wild Card to the World Classic; could they do it again? We'll see. I'll be rooting for the Tribe until the end, obviously. Let's hope they follow the success of the Cavaliers (hint: do NOT play like the Browns....).
Garnet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Blue Jays and Stroman should take out Baltimore, as long as they get the bats going early - if not then the Orioles bullpen will win the day. If Toronto wins, it could be one ugly series with the boys from Texas.
Bat flip last year and then beaning Bautista.. the fight and then Gibby calling them cowards... could be quite the series.
cqk328

Unalaska Alaskans
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, you got what you asked for. One ugly series coming right up!

Previous Page | Show Page |