Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Waiver Steals and FA   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Dan6176

Oshkosh Red Devils
V.8

Broken Bat Baseball
[url]http://http://brokenbat.org/player/146594[/url]
Luis Cedeno has done well platooning at 1B against RH pitching.
[url]http://http://brokenbat.org/player/148654[/url]
Zane Carney has been a solid starter for me. Also, he was a 10th round pick by the Manhattan Isotopes.

Does anyone else have problems linking when using smartphones?

Updated Sunday, March 24 2019 @ 11:08:41 am PDT
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@5L1NK
Bagwell is my 1 claim steal. The man is Texas to the bone. Raised in Austin, graduated from Texas A&M and shares a surname with a HOF Houston Astro. One of the Best builds for a 12 POT pitcher in my organization's history to date. Still has at least 3 good seasons left in him

He was tough to face last season. Though not as tough as "Concepticon" of course. Concepticon is the best pitcher my team has ever faced during my tenure. I will actually miss game planning against him this season. It has always been a pleasure squaring off against your team. Fun competition. GL on 2040.

Updated Sunday, March 24 2019 @ 2:15:55 pm PDT
wickersty

Deadwood Ambulators
V.8

Broken Bat Baseball
@Dan yeah linking on smart phones is an awful experience. I wish Steve’s forum code allowed you to just paste a url and have the codesmart enough to turn it into a link.
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@ JJNZ
Nice pick up on Avila! Unfortunately I didn't notice him on the waiver wire.

I guess this is why you have won it all and I am just beginning my first tour in LL3. No disrespect to the other guys, but I think you and Oklahoma are the teams to beat in our division this season.
GL.
FreddyTheEye

College Station Athletics
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Unfortunately I didn't notice him on the waiver wire.

No doubt the CareB,,..ahh CareZone, ahh JJNZ is the king of dumpster diving!
5L1NK

Farmington Hills Cardinals
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@Hayseed

I'll grant you it was fun, but it was barely competition. It felt like you had my number all season. Every series with you was the mentality "as long as i don't get swept, it's a win in my books".

The fact i swept you at the end was so bitter sweet considering you already clinched and i ended up with a 9-11 record against you.

I'm sure we'll face off again. Hopefully at III or higher!
5L1NK

IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Probably the biggest steal i've ever had. Buck-Shot was an 11 POT free agent I went dumpster diving for near end of season. little did i know i'd end up with the best closer in franchise history. And i never would have given him the shot if it weren't for the season reset. he was my LHS in the season that never was. then when i redid the season, my closer at the time suddenly lost his ability to save a game and i put in Buck. The rest is happy history. and he even shot up to a 12 POT which made it so much sweeter. i only wish the 17 points he had in fielding went to let him him 20 velocity
JJNZ

Boulder Free Zoners
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Hayseed - he's a good insurance policy in case my new OF falls over which it has a fairly good chance of doing. You've reminded me I need to scout the other teams in the division properly so I may even do a little write up over in III.1!

Dumpster diving is one of the most fun things about the game to me!
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@5L1NK

I was surprised to have avoided Concepticon last season in at least 2 series. you only gave him the ball 30 times (and never more than 34 in his storied career). If I had someone like him with 18 Stam I would try to squeeze the schedule to get him on the mound more. Aragon is the closest I have to Concepticon and so I got him 37 GS last year not including leaning on him for 3 rounds of Cup.

Buck-Shot is awesome, but you also use him very well. His career FIP is 1.2 higher than his ERA. Too bad closers with successful history of saves cost so damn much in this game.

Updated Sunday, March 24 2019 @ 11:33:31 pm PDT
5L1NK

IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Several reasons for Concepticon not facing you often. I tweaked my rotation to allow him to face teams I deemed more important wins. Those were Omaha and Belleville to make sure relegation was avoided (increase the gap directly). 2039 was not a promotion run by any means for me, I just wanted to form a platform at the level and develop young guys accordingly while avoiding relegation. The other reason I tweaked his starts was because of my deep cup run, if you look at his career cup stats, you'll notice 4 more starts because I needed him in elimination rounds. As for not giving him more starts in the season. I learned the hard way in 2034 by losing him for several weeks and that ended up being my first 100+ loss season. You could say my franchise pitcher and I developed an "understanding"

Previous Page | Show All |