League Forum

Forum >> Leagues >> VI.6   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
boltsman

Eden Prairie Wolves
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Haha, looks like I got stumped in those games. Hopefully it's not a sign for things to come.
boltsman

Eden Prairie Wolves
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
2034 Eden Prairie Wolves Preview

This off-season, the team said goodbyes to Yukitro Kusunoki (9 seasons; RotY, 7 AS, 3 All-Leagues) and John Pierson (9 seasons; 2 AS). Only one player, Samuel Foster, remained from the original 50-player roster inherited at the end of 2031 season.

After 3 seasons of poor drafting record with only one 14 potential player of note, the team lacks impact players on the time. There are several waiver pick-ups to give the team a bit of a boost this season, but most of them would be gone immediately if the season goes sideways.
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Poor Fairbanks...
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
My season is one for the trash can. I have no idea how to solve this.
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Decent as of recent.
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
I might make concept logos for the league?????
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Coral Springs has the countdown.
boltsman

Eden Prairie Wolves
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
2035 Eden Prairie Wolves Preview

Goal: Compete for Promotion

The Wolves had a terrible year in 2034, but the team had learned from its mistake and was able to get a slim 2-game lead midway through the old 2035. In the rewind, we did not get the same waiver pickup as last time where we picked up three different All-Star players at catcher, second base and right field.

We did pick up a potential #1 starter this time around, and we hope that it will help offset the loss in hitting this time around.

Key Players

LF Samuel Foster (34) Drafted in 2022
  • 9-year starter with club: 2 MVPs, ROTY, 4 All-Leagues, 8 All-Stars
  • Batted .400 in 2032
  • Foster is a lock for the Hall of Fame, but is finishing up his storied career. He might not be an All-Star anymore, but should still provide average production.

3B Federico "Freddie" Palacio (29) 19 claims pickup
  • 3-year starter with club: 1 All-Star
  • Palacio provides 20-HR power with good defense. He should contend for an All-Star selection this season.

OF Cade Blank (28) 22 claims pickup
  • 1-year starter with club: 1 All-Star
  • One of the best reclamation project of the team. Blank shined in his first full season providing 20-HR power, good OBP and good defense. He should contend for an All-Star selection this season and is perhaps the top hitter on the team.

DH Al Albers (28) 2 claims pickup
  • 3-year starter with club: 1 All-Star
  • Albers is an underrated waiver pickup with 25-HR power and good OBP. He should contend for an All-Star selection this season.

SP Theo Johansson (30) 44 claims pickup
  • 2-year starter with club
  • Johansson is the best surprise from 2033 season as he performed exceptionally well in relief before becoming a full time starter. He is expected to be the #2 starter in the rotation.

RP Juan Manuel Castillo (28) 6 claims pickup
  • Castillo is the first player who spend time in the minors before fully developed into a shutdown reliever in his first season last year. He can give up the homers occasionally, but he allows very few base runners and can strike the hitters out.

The rest of the players are either stopgap waiver pickup for a season or two, or young and unproven players that are given a trial on the team. Hopefully this team with only 1 homegrown player can show that they are an underrated bunch this season.

Updated Sunday, March 4 2018 @ 8:43:05 pm PST
phareux56

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hello to all and good luck this season
Chicken Fillet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, just to let everyone know I took ownership of the Cedar Park Raiders just before the season started, and I just won the championship.

See you everyone!

Previous Page | Show All |