League Forum

Forum >> Leagues >> VI.6   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well I'm down here now any other form users (Besides Wilson).
GrizzlyDan

Atlanta Braves
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
It's you and me, Squidcatt. Let's get it on (tomorrow.)
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You have 3-2 lead can't believe I threw away game five in the ninth!
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ah just like my Bucks blew a 2-1 lead to lose in 6!
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Yo
JoeDaddyeous91

Kahului Turtles
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yo Vicksburg
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
It was your team vs the East in the ASG. That's how great it's been the first half of the season.
JoeDaddyeous91

Kahului Turtles
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Haha I know! It's been a fun season :P I got knocked into a VI league by half a game last year and am now destroying it... It'll be a lost season if we lose the cup. I'm sad we're in this low league because I'm afraid I'm going to lose all the talented players I have to age TBH.

Fun stat from the All Star game.. The entire West league bullpen was filled out only by my players, and we had 5 of our position players fill the 8 starting position player spots :P

They've been going off this year!
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
I was assigned this team, and since, I've been attempting to stock the minors, I fired my old manager Mateo Loya and signed a new manager (I've been like 14-7 since)... I also have done terrible drafting tho. Also, our teams are playing each other. Go easy on me lol.
JoeDaddyeous91

Kahului Turtles
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yea, I got this team only like 8 months before you got involved on the site. Stocking the minors was the first thing I did! You can find a lot of good players still on free agency that people just overlook.
BTW, you said to go easy and then I swept you in a 5 game series, sorry! :P

Also, I'm still in the Cup right now, Elite Eight status. Root for me to show the rest of these teams that League VI.6 is still relevant! I've got a match up tonight, best of three
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
U know I am rooting for u. I'll probably put out a statement later.

Update: I put it out if you want to read it.

Updated Monday, September 11 2017 @ 12:51:24 pm PDT
JoeDaddyeous91

Kahului Turtles
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks dude!

It was nice reading it, I appreciate the positive comments!

I'm hoping to pull some magic tonight, I'm a little nervous about this series but I think we'll come out on top. I rearranged my starters and put a reliever from the bullpen into the starting rotation to try and take advantage of their RHB dominate team.

Nice pick up of Carmelo btw! A left handed hitting middle infielder should be a welcomed addition!
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the compliment on Carmelo. Should I keep him at 2b or have him play ss next season(I will call him up and free a spot)?
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball

Updated Monday, September 11 2017 @ 2:56:15 pm PDT
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Dang, Kahului already with the magic number.
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
I feel like I made an entertaining race for the East pennant by going 2-1 against Kingston.
Nxck9

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh boys my teams kickin' serious ass LMAO
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Welcome to our new teams this season.
boltsman

Eden Prairie Wolves
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks ESac, and good luck everyone on the new season.

I started after the waiver deadline in 2031, and the team finished dead last in VI.6. The previous owner did not have any good prospect on the team, and so in 2032, almost everyone including the prospects were released, and only 4 players survived the cut.

Although all 4 players were between the age of 30-32, I had a MVP and an all-star pitcher. With the mercenaries that I was able to assemble, we ended up winning the league in 2032.

However, the age started to catch up to the team in 2033. A couple of months into the season, the team went into rebuild mode and dropped most of the veterans.

2034 would be an interesting season for the team. In the three seasons, we were only able to draft one pot 14 player, and replenishing the minor had been a difficult task. The team is still stuck with having to use waiver pickups to stay competitive, and home grown players are still quite a few years away. It look like we will probably stay in this league for a few season to restock and rebuild.
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Boltsman, I just realized we play each other in spring training.
boltsman

Eden Prairie Wolves
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Haha, looks like I got stumped in those games. Hopefully it's not a sign for things to come.
boltsman

Eden Prairie Wolves
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
2034 Eden Prairie Wolves Preview

This off-season, the team said goodbyes to Yukitro Kusunoki (9 seasons; RotY, 7 AS, 3 All-Leagues) and John Pierson (9 seasons; 2 AS). Only one player, Samuel Foster, remained from the original 50-player roster inherited at the end of 2031 season.

After 3 seasons of poor drafting record with only one 14 potential player of note, the team lacks impact players on the time. There are several waiver pick-ups to give the team a bit of a boost this season, but most of them would be gone immediately if the season goes sideways.
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Poor Fairbanks...
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
My season is one for the trash can. I have no idea how to solve this.
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Decent as of recent.
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
I might make concept logos for the league?????
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Coral Springs has the countdown.
boltsman

Eden Prairie Wolves
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
2035 Eden Prairie Wolves Preview

Goal: Compete for Promotion

The Wolves had a terrible year in 2034, but the team had learned from its mistake and was able to get a slim 2-game lead midway through the old 2035. In the rewind, we did not get the same waiver pickup as last time where we picked up three different All-Star players at catcher, second base and right field.

We did pick up a potential #1 starter this time around, and we hope that it will help offset the loss in hitting this time around.

Key Players

LF Samuel Foster (34) Drafted in 2022
  • 9-year starter with club: 2 MVPs, ROTY, 4 All-Leagues, 8 All-Stars
  • Batted .400 in 2032
  • Foster is a lock for the Hall of Fame, but is finishing up his storied career. He might not be an All-Star anymore, but should still provide average production.

3B Federico "Freddie" Palacio (29) 19 claims pickup
  • 3-year starter with club: 1 All-Star
  • Palacio provides 20-HR power with good defense. He should contend for an All-Star selection this season.

OF Cade Blank (28) 22 claims pickup
  • 1-year starter with club: 1 All-Star
  • One of the best reclamation project of the team. Blank shined in his first full season providing 20-HR power, good OBP and good defense. He should contend for an All-Star selection this season and is perhaps the top hitter on the team.

DH Al Albers (28) 2 claims pickup
  • 3-year starter with club: 1 All-Star
  • Albers is an underrated waiver pickup with 25-HR power and good OBP. He should contend for an All-Star selection this season.

SP Theo Johansson (30) 44 claims pickup
  • 2-year starter with club
  • Johansson is the best surprise from 2033 season as he performed exceptionally well in relief before becoming a full time starter. He is expected to be the #2 starter in the rotation.

RP Juan Manuel Castillo (28) 6 claims pickup
  • Castillo is the first player who spend time in the minors before fully developed into a shutdown reliever in his first season last year. He can give up the homers occasionally, but he allows very few base runners and can strike the hitters out.

The rest of the players are either stopgap waiver pickup for a season or two, or young and unproven players that are given a trial on the team. Hopefully this team with only 1 homegrown player can show that they are an underrated bunch this season.

Updated Sunday, March 4 2018 @ 8:43:05 pm PST
phareux56

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hello to all and good luck this season
Chicken Fillet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, just to let everyone know I took ownership of the Cedar Park Raiders just before the season started, and I just won the championship.

See you everyone!

Previous Page | Show Page |