Off-Topic Forum

Forum >> Off Topic >> Football simulator   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Fireballer34

Hollywood Velociraptors
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I play broken bat and hardwood and I’ve always wondered if a football version of this would ever be a thing. It would take a while but I think it could be really cool. I am no coder, but if anyone wanted to make something like this and Steve would let it use the bb and hardwood designs, I would have some ideas for it.
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Take a look at hattrick.org
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Just realizing that you might mean gridiron, American football instead of association football/soccer.

Check out Red Zone Action.
Fireballer34

Hollywood Velociraptors
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I was talking about American, but what I meant was a football version of hardwood/broken bat. Hardwood and BB are built with similar code, and I was wondering if Steve or anybody would want to or already is building something like this.

I’ve played red zone action, it’s ok but a football game with this style to it would be superior.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I played RZA for several seasons. But I wasn't a fan either. It followed the typical "every player is a clone with maximum potential, you decide how they grow by pumping points into them." I find that model very tired and underwhelming. BB is great because each player has different potential and different caps, some fuzziness in scouting reports, and even hidden attributes. You really have to evaluate player performance to understand what their true potential is. It makes the game so much more fun.

I had fun with HW, until my team got too overpowered, at which point the "catch-up" mechanic kicked in. I'm not a huge fan of "catch-up" mechanics in games like this. It really made the game a slog.

All that too say, I agree. Would be sweat to have a BB style football manager. I'd be happy with either one; American or World styles ;)

Updated Sunday, November 19 2023 @ 6:35:33 pm PST
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
What is the "catch-up" mechanic?

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It was the the "Starting Time" recruiting mechanic. Because my team was too good, I was unable to recruit any players. Even syncing 1/2 my recruit points into a single candidate, yielded 0 interest at the end of the season. A couple guys even choose to retire rather than join my team.

To me recruiting was the main attraction. Being punished for building too good a team by having your ability to do ANY recruiting at all took away all the joy of playing.

Previous Page | Show All |