Help

Forum >> Help >> Drafting Question   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
LGM2016

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi, I'm a new player here, I joined just under 2 weeks ago. According to the game manual, you can draft a player every week. However, it has been over 10 real life days and two league months (Time was skipped but it has still been at least 10 league days). Strangely, I am not able to draft a player. Am I missing something? Is this a site glitch? Thanks in advance.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Short answer: You are not glitched. This larger gap only happens once per season between rounds 1 & 2. You will be able to draft this friday, and every friday thereafter until the 10 rounds are complete.

Long answer:
This week's draft was once Round 1, which meant the every-week was followed exactly.

The season ends on a friday. This was where the old round 10 draft was placed. However, after the season ends a new season begins. Part of the new season is refreshing the draft pools. A manager who held his/her round 10 pick for a couple of days could would select from the new season's refreshed pools, rather than the old season's depleted pools.

This was somewhat contentious, so Admin moved the old round 10 draft so that it takes place after the season flip. Now everyone makes their first draft from the refreshed pools. Ultimately this means old round 1 is round 2, old round 9 is round 10, and old round 10 is round 1. It also means the "every 7 days" isn't the spacing between round 1 and 2 anymore.

Sorry you asked? :)
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Welcome to Broken Bat! You'll be able to learn the fundamentals of the game by visiting the forum's past and present threads. Let us know whenever you need help.

Longest Possible Answer:
There are 10 rounds of the draft per season. Should you not draft a player in a round, you forfeit the round and the draft pick. As Seca described, there was a glitch used to exploit Round 1 that has since been addressed, which leads to the issue you are currently experiencing. Round 1 is still in progress. Your team has already drafted a player. Round 2 will begin on March 14, 2029 (Game Date) and September 30, 2016 (Gregorian Calendar) in my experience no sooner than 6:00 am for the folks observing the Pacific Time Zone as it corresponds to Coordinated Universal Time which is the most prevalently used standard.

By the looks of it, you are underway improving your team's minor league system via Broken Bat's unlimited free agency. Most of us took ownership of listless clubs and were able to make immediate, decisive changes because of this.

Updated Wednesday, September 28 2016 @ 1:24:29 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page