Help

Forum >> Help >> Advice on a player   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Blackbeard

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I just started the game. I read the manual, looked at teams above me, read the forum, etc., etc. I think I have at least a basic understanding of the game and have set up my lineup etc with what I have on the team including what seem like better free agent signings.

I have been getting rid of low potential guys and others that don't seem able to contribute to the major league team now or in the future.

With that said I have this 23 y/0 player named Lance Burton [ID #182823]. His stats or potentials if you will aren't good. Plus his scouting report doesn't offer up anything other than saying he "can develop into a decent slugger." From what I have read on the forum people have said that a prospect needs to have at least one attribute saying he "can be a good hitter" "he can have an unhitable fastball", etc..

This guys only good attribute as far as I'm concerned is that he has a 19 arm, 13 on potential and his SI is rather high at 89 (but the stats are not in the right places).

My question is this. It says that "He may have learned all he can at this level of competition." Is this guy all done with training in the minors as he is now in AAA? He is not ready for the major league team.

At only 23 with a Pot of 13, can this guy still develop in to something while staying in AAA where he is now for maybe a couple more seasons?

I think that he has nothing to offer and will never be good enough for the top team and should be cut. As a newbie, I'm not sure. What do you think?

Thank you for the opinions.

Updated Sunday, February 17 2019 @ 10:27:30 am PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think it will hurt his development if you leave him down for the rest of this season.

His Hitting growth has been very poor (1 point), so I wouldn't expect him to get higher than 9 or 10 for hitting. That said, he is a pretty good catcher defensively. If you have him set to train at catcher for the rest of the season he should get pretty close to getting a small "c". He isn't the optimal choice, but you only have one real catcher on the major league squad.

You often need a backup for Catcher, and the guy you have is also getting old. So you might need Burton to bridge to whoever you have as your next Catcher. You may need him in the majors this year just to spot your starting Catcher when he gets niggling injuries.

The only other guys you currently have in the minors who could potentially play catcher are Sexton and Dennison. Sexton is a long ways from the majors, and is probably better suited for SS training. Dennison looks like a slightly better hitter than Burton, but looks to be training elsewhere. I don't think Dennison is really good enough for SS. His defensive build works better as a C/RF, or possibly a poor fielding C/3B. You'll only have time for one, so I would probably make him a C. Burton can backup Dennison when Dennison comes up (unless you find a better prospect in the mean time). I do recommend you actively look for some better options on waivers, but waivers are about to close for the season, so you might have to wait until next season.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page