Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Need help...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Not scouted.

Can be estimated starting from the total SI and subtracting all the scouted and known values.

Apologies for an earlier post in this thread. Seems kind of passive-aggressive on the reread. Not my intent. There is ambiguity in the scouting. In the bars. In the potential. Seems expected there would be a little in pitching repertoires as well.

Updated Thursday, July 23 2015 @ 3:47:23 pm PDT
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
It's all good, but it does bring some give me more insight how my players will develop.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
If it can't be stickied, this at least needs to stay of the first page for new managers
cmneal

Bolingbrook Beavers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
check out Temple, nothing for movement but still achieved 16.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow! That's highly unusual, 2 points higher than the normal range. I'd say either the scouts dropped the ball on the report, or the management team is overrating him. Ratings can be off by as much as 20%. But I've never seen them conflict with the scouting report like that. My guess would be that the scouting report was wrong, and as the management staff got to know the player better his true form is now showing.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Fascinating outlier there. We have known that a variety of atypical occurrences can happen, but this is a new one for me as well. The important thing to remember that both Rock and I have looked at thousands of pitchers, and this is the first either of us have ever seen that happen. It therefore should not be taken for more that it is, an extreme outlier that may or not not pop up every few thousand cases. Congrats though! Also, Rock's analysis is also worth bearing in mind.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Have we considered that the scouts don't tell us everything?

As in a no-report for an attribute doesn't necessarily mean he's outside the range that gets reports, but just they didn't bother checking that?

So it's not so much the report was wrong but it didn't address movement at all so it could literally be anything.

Just a thought there. It's not like we have someone that has "his control will be lacking" end up with 16 control here. On the latter note, it's then also not safe to assume that no mention of control means it will be good for sure.

Updated Sunday, June 12 2016 @ 5:34:19 pm PDT
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
@cmneal - just curious what you have your training settings at? Or rather, do you emphasize movement in training?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball

Have we considered that the scouts don't tell us everything?

Its possible, but as Newtman said, I haven't seen it happen in all the players I've looked at. I have seen guys fail to make their targets, but that is harder to determine if they stunted.

I think it has more to do with the +/-20% that scouting can be inaccurate and the fact that the ratings get more accurate over time. I've just never seen that big a discrepancy.
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Just wanted to say that this thread has helped me out more than any other since I started playing over two years ago, I read over a year and a half ago. I'm not saying I have been very successful, lol, but it gave me much needed knowledge in understanding scouting, which directly impacted my drafting and free agent signings.

Thanks to Rock777, and the rest.

Updated Monday, December 26 2016 @ 2:58:04 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page