Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2030: Draft #2   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Scored exactly what I was looking for going into today. Last week's pick wasn't horrible (An ok 13 POT pitcher), but I was looking for a young, single A/ rookie level hitter that can play multiple positions.

I got exactly that this week, meet Eric Mattox. When I saw his report I was hoping for my first 15-16 POT draft pick in my almost ten seasons, but I will gladly take a good looking 14 POT prospect that can play almost anywhere on the field. My only critique is that his PD might be a little low, but I can get past that with his great hitter/decent slugger tags.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
2nd straight 14 POT from Asia. Makes up for my crummy draft last season.
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/144710

Think I'm looking at a 1B/DH type guy, but not bad, but not as good as the 14 pot. guy I picked up last round that is practically the perfect 3B build.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@ephenesta, if he pans out he projects to be a DH or 1B who could play in the highest leagues of the game. I wouldn't put him anywhere else though. That is close to the "perfect DH" build.
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, he's definitely gonna stay around just for his bat. Barring total disaster, that's all he'll ever be used for.
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Crazy Li

Nice pick! But I have to say because I just can't help myself, how on God's green earth was your last draft class "crummy?" Good lord, you kept 3 players: one of which was a 15 POT superstar in the making, another was a very strong looking 13 POT hitter, and an above average relief pitcher if his ratings end up going your way. I'm sorry, but that is at least an above average draft class.

As for me, my theme of solid looking 13 POTs continued today. It doesn't look like hall of fame potential, but again, a nice piece like last season. The theme of my last two draft classes so far has been depth. I haven't pulled that "Wow!" prospect, but I have pulled 7 or 8 good ones, several of which I had to drop to make room on the roster. I'm very happy with my recent draft success and I hope it will continue.

Updated Friday, December 16 2016 @ 1:36:41 pm PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I can only assume that by crummy, he meant like a delicious apple crumble cake.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@ephenesta, he'll be a better DH than Aleman :)
g10rsh

Champaign Suzumebachi
VI.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I pulled my first 15 potential player Darren Pfeffer and I couldn't be happier. He's only 17 so it'll have a while till he gets to the big leagues but he should have a nice long career and maybe even play for the national team if I get really lucky.
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Rock, you can't have this one. He's all mine... :P

Pfeffer is an interesting name to say the least. I hope he pans out for you!

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page