Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2030: Draft #2   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Post ’em if ya got ’em!

Kolb is probably going to wind up being the rangiest bloody 1B in the history of the game… ¬.¬
jdar25

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Drafted a 15 POT OF Cary Nolen (Dont know how to link him) I have no pitching but he was too good to pass on. Also had a 15 POT catcher in the first round.
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I've been stung by pitchers with good potential before. So when it came down to a pitcher with good potential and a 2B with very good potential, I thought hey why not. Meet my new 1B/DH. Next time, I think I'll pick the pitcher.
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
@Assumed: Your guy's either a 1B or a LF with that range. I've got a similar problem in AAA.
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Went latin, was torn between 2 pitchers, both very good
A 18 YO major league fastball
B 19 YO strike out and stamina, but lefty

Went for latter, if he gains fast he can be the pitcher I was looking for at the start of the season.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow, jdar! Those are the best back-to-back picks I've ever seen.
GrizzlyDan

Atlanta Braves
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
The draft has not been kind recently. He has good potential, it said. No bad comments, good hitter, and then this:Eiji Yachi

C&R, and wait. How did that spaghetti arm become a catcher?
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Mike and jdar, congrats, hopefully it works out as well as it did for me with Poole and Guzman (my back to back 15 potential picks in 2019).

My draft pick this time was definitely a keeper, but not nearly as spectacular. 13 potential pitcher with strike out fastball, major league curve, and starting pitcher stamina.

Updated Friday, December 16 2016 @ 5:02:54 am PST
jdar25

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
From everything I've seen so far especially the keeper thread the posting system is one of the worst to pick from. I inherited a Japanese 1st baseman on my roster like that 11 POT. He has 15 power but only 9 hitting so he's not going anywhere.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Just the one very good potential to choose from, again, but no complaints here. Can't quite match jdar's back-to-back 15 POTs, but I'll take 15-14 any day (did it in 2028, too).

Salvador Mejia, 14 POT LHP, unhittable FB, exceptional curve, VG.
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Ummmm.. this guy will do.

15 POT pitcher with decently low defense skills. I wish I could fast forward four or five seasons.

msigg6

Bay City Lions
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Keep or cut?

http://brokenbat.org/player/144595

Don't really have time to see if hitting gets above 12

Frustrating draft for Bay City thus far. First 2 rounds have been very mediocre underwhelming picks that would get a roster spot in lower leagues but for my goals I would already cut them as to me they are not of high division talent quality.

Therels always waivers to look up towards... only acquisition this season has been in a position of need. Would at this pt roll the dice there than at a low chance to draft a scrub.
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
@sigg- he's a bit of a gamble. Could be at least a decent backup middle infielder, but is it worth training him for 5+ seasons? At this point of the game I'm finding 13 is the new 14 for hitters and 12 is the new 13 for pitchers. He'd probably stick on my roster. Heck, I have a couple 12 POT hitters on my roster right now (althoigh, they are more dh types).
nemesis

Brooklyn Dodgers
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Keep? Depends on whether you need a power-hitting SS/2B, could do a lot worse.

The 24th player taken today was a 16 POT, and there were a lot of 11 and 12 POTs taken around him. Some argue that those up early enough to pick get the best opporunities, but I really believe its as random as it can possibly be. There was a lot of rubbish taken to this point, and some pretty good players, and I doubt that will change as the round goes on.

Updated Friday, December 16 2016 @ 5:51:26 am PST
BadgerBoy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I mean REALLY??

This is a College Player?? Rediculous....I'm done..

20 straight picks of *beep*

http://brokenbat.org/player/144632
TPS

Dallas Dragons
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/144627
Nice 14 POT Pitcher. I have kept 6 out of the last 7 I drafted, and the player I dropped was picked up by another team. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.
sShadow

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
By Asian Posting System, 2 VG + prolific-power scouted Korean hitters, one has VG hit + decent speed, 23 years old, another has GR hit, 25 years old. I picked younger guy, and he may be decent 1B or DH. Fine choice.
xLee227

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Picked up Zimmer today who's a pretty well-developed switch-hitting 13pt...should make for a pretty good outfield with Butler and Schwarz by around 2035!
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Dino's 2nd round draft pick sounded like the middle infield prospect we really need, but his range undershot his speed by a fair bit. Looks like a RHB 1B to me, and Dinos have lots of those. Probably won't stick.
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Scored exactly what I was looking for going into today. Last week's pick wasn't horrible (An ok 13 POT pitcher), but I was looking for a young, single A/ rookie level hitter that can play multiple positions.

I got exactly that this week, meet Eric Mattox. When I saw his report I was hoping for my first 15-16 POT draft pick in my almost ten seasons, but I will gladly take a good looking 14 POT prospect that can play almost anywhere on the field. My only critique is that his PD might be a little low, but I can get past that with his great hitter/decent slugger tags.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
2nd straight 14 POT from Asia. Makes up for my crummy draft last season.
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/144710

Think I'm looking at a 1B/DH type guy, but not bad, but not as good as the 14 pot. guy I picked up last round that is practically the perfect 3B build.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@ephenesta, if he pans out he projects to be a DH or 1B who could play in the highest leagues of the game. I wouldn't put him anywhere else though. That is close to the "perfect DH" build.
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, he's definitely gonna stay around just for his bat. Barring total disaster, that's all he'll ever be used for.
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Crazy Li

Nice pick! But I have to say because I just can't help myself, how on God's green earth was your last draft class "crummy?" Good lord, you kept 3 players: one of which was a 15 POT superstar in the making, another was a very strong looking 13 POT hitter, and an above average relief pitcher if his ratings end up going your way. I'm sorry, but that is at least an above average draft class.

As for me, my theme of solid looking 13 POTs continued today. It doesn't look like hall of fame potential, but again, a nice piece like last season. The theme of my last two draft classes so far has been depth. I haven't pulled that "Wow!" prospect, but I have pulled 7 or 8 good ones, several of which I had to drop to make room on the roster. I'm very happy with my recent draft success and I hope it will continue.

Updated Friday, December 16 2016 @ 1:36:41 pm PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I can only assume that by crummy, he meant like a delicious apple crumble cake.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@ephenesta, he'll be a better DH than Aleman :)
g10rsh

Champaign Suzumebachi
VI.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I pulled my first 15 potential player Darren Pfeffer and I couldn't be happier. He's only 17 so it'll have a while till he gets to the big leagues but he should have a nice long career and maybe even play for the national team if I get really lucky.
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Rock, you can't have this one. He's all mine... :P

Pfeffer is an interesting name to say the least. I hope he pans out for you!
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Mig and Rock, remember his screen name is Crazy Li. I just chalk that up to the name. :)

@g10rsh, congrats! I remember how excited I was about pulling Guzman, and then I pulled Poole the next week. May you have the same luck jdar and I did.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats on Pfeffer. I can't wait until I pull my first POT 15. The anticipation has been building for a long time now ;)
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Happy enough with a back of the rotation 13 pot SP - Gates.

Into my 10th season now and have never pulled a 15 pot either, and only 7 14 pots in that time. Never mind, it took the Cubs 108 years, my curse will lift eventually!
gosupepper

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i managed to get a switching hitting OF with great hitting/profilic slugging
iladel90

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/144797

My first 15 potential draft pick. Hope he turns out to be a stud down the line.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Solid 13 POT pitcher. Immediate plug-and-play reliever, possible future starter. Asian Leagues signee.

Updated Friday, December 16 2016 @ 8:44:47 pm PST
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I got another starter this past draft. Damon Moore looks to be a solid front line pitcher with his low defensive skills.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok so I'll admit I didn't actually LOOK at my draft history before I complained about last year. You have to realize that I got nothing good after like round 3 or 4... so if my memory wasn't good (I honestly forgot there was a 15POT near the beginning to salvage the thing), it would have seemed terrible. The year prior was legit bad though.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Rats. It looks like I took the wrong guy last week. Who would you rather have?
http://brokenbat.org/player/144598
http://brokenbat.org/player/144502
When in doubt, I always take the stated better overall potential guy. In this case they both ended up being 13s. Simmons, though, I think is the better guy to have simply because he's 13 SI ahead of Clements. He will likely reach his potential a year or two before my guy. I suppose it might come down to how he hits righties compared to my switch hitter.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Ignoring position (since I have an inflated sense of worth for 3B), I think Clements is better.

Switch hitter ++
Better hit rating ++
Better Power rating +
Very good overall potential +

Current Development --

The pluses win.

I actually have a theory that Overall Potential is more valuable that most people think. Actual ratings are obscured a bit with mis-scouting. A Very Good POT 13 is probably more likely to be underrated, while a Good POT 13 is probably more likely to be overrated by the scouts.

Clements does have a lot of developing to do, but he has the potential to be an incredible player. Simmons has less upside.

Previous Page | Show Page |